Start in atti or in GPS mode

Reaction score
What mode shall i have on takeoff Atti or GPS do the phantom get home position if i start in Atti mode?

I always start off in GPS mode and after I get home point set and full satellite locks I switch to ATTi to take off. Just seems smoother to me.

Ok but on landing what is better atti or GPS mode?

Really it's just a matter of personal preference, I actually like taking off in manual mode because it's faster and landing in atti mode because gps mode seems to keep trying to correct itself which can make it difficult when landing on smaller areas. If you're still fairly new to the phantom, I'd say keep it in gps mode all the time when taking off and landing just to keep things simple, and practice flying in atti mode when you can since it's very useful for smoother videos, faster flying in case you need to come back quick, flying through tight spots, checking wind direction and speed when higher up, etc. Manual mode is also very useful if you're brave enough to try it out as well, especially when you need to drop altitude fast or if you get caught in strong winds which can almost make you get stuck in the air.

Ok i start in atti mode now and land in atti too. No i refuse to set in manual mode becouse when i fly my Hubsan x4 i always have the problem that the she rises like a rocket and fall like a stone very easy and manual mode make the phantom a bigger version of the hubsan from what i heard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31