Standards camera for photos

Reaction score
I love my standard, its everything i wanted from a drone, well now i want more lol, but that will have to wait until i gave more funds..

But anyway the video it takes still makes me smile and im well happy with its quality,

what im not 100% happy with is the photo quality, now i don't know if its just where i haven't had my pahntom 3 in our summer yet? All my pics have been taken with low light and grey skies to a certain degree,

any input great :)

Just remember, except for the larger sensor in the phantom 4 pro, the sensor size on these drones are on par with a cell phone camera. All the phantom 3 drones are essentially a flying lawnmower with a cell phone camera attached to them.

Just remember, except for the larger sensor in the phantom 4 pro, the sensor size on these drones are on par with a cell phone camera. All the phantom 3 drones are essentially a flying lawnmower with a cell phone camera attached to them.

Which means what exactly boss?? Lol

Your not going to get dslr quality photos from your drone. Esp the phantom 3 line. Maybe the inspire series. The phantom 4 pro has a 1" sensor on it along with a rolling shutter release, so it has the potential for capturing better looking photos than the phantom 3 series.

I think i should have wordred my post better,,

Im not expecting dslr qulaity, its just that my pics seem to be grainy, and generally not as good as what i have seen. The ones i have printed seem jagged/ pixley around some edges, and either too over or under exposed, which i can sort in lightroom, but its not the same as starting with a good image to get a real good image, i seem to start with a average image to get a slightly better average image

Does the amount of light you have play a big part in this?

Dazza, Photography is ALL about 'the light'..............UK in winter does not lend itself to great pics.

Thanks, dude i was kinda just wanting someone to confirm this with me :)

My pics are rather "middle" quality right off the SD card. The thing I least like is the wide FOV of the Phantom. I have learned a few tricks, in Gimp, to sharpen up the pics. Helps a lot. Takes time.

IMG_0955.JPG
Flew three batteries today and snapped a few pics. I think the camera does well for what it is. Do the pics look better if taken directly off the card? I downloaded from the ac.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Play with manual settings and try to find a good balance between ISO and shutter speed. I got some decent shots at night in Manual mode with ISO 200-400 and 1-2s shutter speed, where Auto mode would just crank the ISO up to 1600 and give me some very grainy pictures...

Reactions: nwcove
Looks like from you other guys pics that the reason my pics are average quality must be down to the low light in the uk at this time of year.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1