Standard vs advanced

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here been still tossing up between the standard and advanced, I know that the advanced has double the range of the standard that doesn't worry me 1.28 miles is enough but the question I have has anyone experienced satellite drop out on the standard ? There are thousands of satellites in the sky and all the videos I've seen are successful flights with the standard,
Thanks in advance pete

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Phantom 3 Advanced is going to be able to connect to more satellites than the Phantom 3 Standard since it's receiver can receive both GPS & GLONASS signals. The Phantom 3 Standard is only able to receive GPS signals. If you're always flying in wide open areas, then that probably won't prevent you from getting a good lock in most locations. However, the Phantom 3 Advanced will generally lock onto satellites faster and connect to more satellites.

FYI, there are many major differences between the Phantom 3 Standard and Phantom 3 Advanced. You should carefully review the specs on DJI's Phantom comparison page so you understand the differences.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Thanks I'm in the country with wide open spaces and our mobile phones get very good connection to gps out here, looking at all the videos on the standard it seems like a good budget flyer may lean this way as the video quality looks exceptional

There are thousands of satellites in the sky ...
But very few are navigation satellites.
Both the Standard and Advanced should have no problem with sats.
The Standard will be good and the Advanced, a little better.
But that's not a significant difference.
The big difference is the huge difference between Lightbridge and wifi for control and video.
And that's like the difference between coal-fired and turbo diesel power.

Point taken, yet all the videos with the standard there is no mention of lag on the standard using wifi , the only thing I can think of is that wifi might use more battery power is this true?

the only thing I can think of is that wifi might use more battery power is this true?
The Phantom 3 Standard has a longer flight time listed in the specs.

Hi guys I'm new here been still tossing up between the standard and advanced, I know that the advanced has double the range of the standard that doesn't worry me 1.28 miles is enough but the question I have has anyone experienced satellite drop out on the standard ? There are thousands of satellites in the sky and all the videos I've seen are successful flights with the standard,
Thanks in advance pete

The range is 5 times actually; 0.6 miles vs 3 miles. You'll get a better remote controller with additional buttons so you don't have to use onscreen buttons in DJI Go app. In addition, it has a better mobile device holder for your phone and tablet. Go for P3A and you won't be disappointed now that the price difference is only $200-300; totally worth it for Lightbridge. I myself used to have a Standard but then sold it after 2-3 months and got a P3P since I did not get good range & signal consistency with mine.

P3 standard here happy guy for diff between stan-pro the range Extender at 50 euro makes p3 standard much the pro range

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Audax plus 1.3 Skyhigh 2.6 MM 6.0.1 xposed 80 Viper4android

If you got the money get advanced. Not that I regret getting a standard. But I should have spent the few more buck and got advanced

Glonass, vision positioning, faster charger, better remote and tablet mount. I love my Standard, but the Advanced is well worth the difference, IMHO.

Reactions: Dal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic