Standard Question

Reaction score
Is there any thing out there to where I can put a 7" tablet on a standard controller?

Last edited:
You could try it. The options I listed above will be sturdier though.

You could try it. The options I listed above will be sturdier though.

I agree with msinger.
A 7" tablet is heavier than a smart phone so having that weight closer to the center of the RC is better than (anything resembling) the stock holder.
My jellyfish holder arrived today, I'm waiting on something similar to the tarot that I ordered off of eBay.

What did you go with?

I should have said "identical".

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453175426.307305.jpg

Ah, yes -- it's very similar.

msinger-I would agree with you. However, I have two thumbs if you know what I mean. Spending that much money on something and then breaking it would get me killed by my wife. I thank you for your answer, but I'm going to go with that one unit I found on Amazon.

RadRich, can you explain the differences you noticed?

The P3A tablet mount (aka the Inspire 1 tablet mount) is more stable, not only in the way it's attached to the Tx, but the mounting bracket that holds the tablet. Spring loaded and locks in place, plus it folds down for storage.
The Ebay mount, with tablet attachment/mount, doesn't fold. I always had to carry the Tx separately while the drone was in my hardcase. Now I can use my hardcase the way it was meant to be used.

Pics of my P3S setup here: Tablet Holder? | Page 4 | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: msinger
My mount arrived today, they must have put it on the fast boat, expected delivery was Feb 3-19. It was shipped on the 11th, twelve days later it's in my mail box.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453515538.058544.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453515580.555043.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453515615.150859.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453515648.710832.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453515669.094660.jpg

That looks good but I would be concerned with the extra weight on just that one point .
Might be stronger than I think though . Looks good though and you will like it centered way better :)

My mount arrived today, they must have put it on the fast boat, expected delivery was Feb 3-19. It was shipped on the 11th, twelve days later it's in my mail box.
That looks great!

Can you post the eBay link for it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That looks good but I would be concerned with the extra weight on just that one point .
Might be stronger than I think though . Looks good though and you will like it centered way better :)

The weight of the mount, tablet holder and tablet is 350 grams or 12.4 ounces.
Having it mounted in the center of the RC feels a lot better than the stock mount did with my iPhone 5s.

That tablet holder looks great! I need one for my iPad mini to mount on my P3S. Was it easy to remove the lanyard clip screw and did the tablet mount fit securely into the same spot? No mods needed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen