Standard Phone clip has other uses ....

Reaction score
Many of us have replaced the Standard sprung phone clip with better or larger versions and now have it sitting on the side unused.

I look at it sometimes and try to think of uses for it ... seems shame to waste such an item. So if anyone has found another use for it ... Please can you post that here ?

Me ? I will use mine as a camera holder on my normal RC radio .... with the ball joint - I can set the camera angle easily.
I can put a GoPro ... Sport HD ... SpyCam ... what ever in it ...

Allied with my HatCam - I should be able to sort out framing of models better.

Of course I do have a Soloshot 3 ordered - but that's been in the 'promised land' of delivery for a year now ...

So ... If you have another use and used the Clip on another function ... let us know ...

Cheers
Nigel

Here's the idea ... for all those P3S owners who RC other models ....

No need to waste the clip ...

Nigel

I'm waiting on my soloshot also. Hope it's worth the wait.

I'm waiting on my soloshot also. Hope it's worth the wait.

I get odd emails direct as I contacted direct wanting to know what they were doing .. but all they do is paste the same blurb as they put online.

I did ask them what Year they think the March delivery would be ... no reply !!

I looked at alternative but far greater price and the pan / tilt was very poor compared to SS3 specs ... plus you had to fit own camera !!

I have a big RC show in September I'm involved in organising ... It better be there !!

Cheers
Nigel

Excellently .... the camera you see in picture is similar size to GoPro ....

Nigel

Reactions: Paul60
Thanks for the tip Nigel.

I hate wasting gear if I can find other uses for it.

Expand into wider RC modelling and you'd surprised what these are used for :

Toothpicks
BBQ skewers
Flossing sticks
Bicycle spokes
Packing tape
Insulation foam
Fruit crates of plywood
Clothes line pegs
Tops of cans and aerosols

The list is literally endless .....

Nigel

I get odd emails direct as I contacted direct wanting to know what they were doing .. but all they do is paste the same blurb as they put online.

I did ask them what Year they think the March delivery would be ... no reply !!

I looked at alternative but far greater price and the pan / tilt was very poor compared to SS3 specs ... plus you had to fit own camera !!

I have a big RC show in September I'm involved in organising ... It better be there !!

Cheers
Nigel
Soloshot 3 arrived a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool camera. I've only been able to use it for an hour or so. Tracking is not 100%. Need to do more testing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20