Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Owner - Newbie

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Magnum44, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Magnum44

Just got a P3 Standard last week - and finally took the "beginner" mode off. I am very impressed with the P3. My first "real" quadcopter - wow, it is amazing how easy to fly and take pics! Love it so far.

One quick question (so far) for folks: out of the box, the camera was attached to the gimbal with 2 pins.. the manual says only 2 pins are needed - but there are 2 more in the box. Why wouldn't we put the other 2 pins in - to further secure the camera? Is there an advantage to only having 2 pins holding the camera to the gimbal? Are there occasions where we'd remove the camera, so having only 2 pins in is advantageous? If I don't plan on removing the camera, shouldn't it be better to put all 4 pins in?

Thanks in advance for the responses. I'm new at this, but sure having a lot of fun!

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Mag :)
    Spare's maybe .Never know when ya might lose one ;)

3. Matthewd5

What's the biggest differences between beginner mode being disabled?

4. DJi Newbie

@Matthewd5 Distance limit

@Magnum44 Question is.... why would you need 4 security pins? bigger chances of you crashing it before both security pins fail, those are spares

5. Magnum44

Thanks for the responses - much appreciated!

When it is out of beginner mode (which I did yesterday - how cool!) - what should maximum flight altitude be set at (currently at 0 - and it did tell me I reached maximum range yesterday). Same with return to home altitude. There is an option for "Smart Go Home" to toggle on and off. What is that? Also a toggle for "maximum distance"?