Standard Owner - Newbie

Reaction score
Just got a P3 Standard last week - and finally took the "beginner" mode off. I am very impressed with the P3. My first "real" quadcopter - wow, it is amazing how easy to fly and take pics! Love it so far.

One quick question (so far) for folks: out of the box, the camera was attached to the gimbal with 2 pins.. the manual says only 2 pins are needed - but there are 2 more in the box. Why wouldn't we put the other 2 pins in - to further secure the camera? Is there an advantage to only having 2 pins holding the camera to the gimbal? Are there occasions where we'd remove the camera, so having only 2 pins in is advantageous? If I don't plan on removing the camera, shouldn't it be better to put all 4 pins in?

Thanks in advance for the responses. I'm new at this, but sure having a lot of fun!

Thanks for the responses - much appreciated!

When it is out of beginner mode (which I did yesterday - how cool!) - what should maximum flight altitude be set at (currently at 0 - and it did tell me I reached maximum range yesterday). Same with return to home altitude. There is an option for "Smart Go Home" to toggle on and off. What is that? Also a toggle for "maximum distance"?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4