Standard Home position changed.

Reaction score
Since V2.00, the default Home position silently changed.
This was not mentioned in the release notes, but is properly described in the latest user manual:
Old: Home is where you first started the motors.
New: Home is where GPS position has been determined for the first time.

I noticed when I powered on under a tree and talked to someone. Then carried P2V to the open field and started the motors after seeing good GPS reception.
After switching off the controller during flight, the P2V attempted to land in the tree instead of the open field.
My fault, but apparently behavior can change unnoticed...
Hope this was helpful to anyone.

grinsven said:
Since V2.00, the default Home position silently changed.
This was not mentioned in the release notes, but is properly described in the latest user manual:
Old: Home is where you first started the motors.
New: Home is where GPS position has been determined for the first time.

I noticed when I powered on under a tree and talked to someone. Then carried P2V to the open field and started the motors after seeing good GPS reception.
After switching off the controller during flight, the P2V attempted to land in the tree instead of the open field.
My fault, but apparently behavior can change unnoticed...
Hope this was helpful to anyone.

Good catch... That's a very important difference... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

I think you might be getting mixed up with this, people have always turned their phantom on then waited for it to aquire a good GPS lock before starting the motors. Are you in Naza mode by any chance because there are two sets of rapid greens, the first one is course lock and it can acquire this without seeing ANY satellites. The second set of rapid greens is home position set and needs to see enough satellites first. I have never started my motors before I get a steady flashing green telling me it's got home lock and I am on 1.08 still.

I think it always was the position where it acquired the GPS lock. No matter what mode you are in, GPS home position has nothing to do with starting the motors. It has everything to do with first acquisition after power up of >= 6 GPS satellites, or if you acquire a new home position manually using the left switch flip method after >= 6 satellites.

I think this is a classic language barrier problem with the wording in the old manual. They just revised the wording to reflect what actually happens.

BlackTrader, you might be right about the wording. This was actually the first time I powered up at one place, then moved the P2V to another position before taking off.
I am confused now...

I'm in the camp that "home" is where it acquires GPS lock, but even that raises another question. Is home where it FIRST acquires GPS lock?

On occasion, once I'm flying with only 6 satellites locked, it will momentarily lose one, then reacquire GPS lock. Anyone know if that sets a new home point, or has it remembered the initial one?

I've never had this happen and then thought to switch to HL to see where it would return.

Visioneer said:
I'm in the camp that "home" is where it acquires GPS lock, but even that raises another question. Is home where it FIRST acquires GPS lock?

On occasion, once I'm flying with only 6 satellites locked, it will momentarily lose one, then reacquire GPS lock. Anyone know if that sets a new home point, or has it remembered the initial one?

I've never had this happen and then thought to switch to HL to see where it would return.

Maybe you can answer your own question. When it re acquired the 6th satellite, could you see the rear lights? If it established a new home, you would have seen the telltale rapid green flashing. If it didn't rapid flash, then it retained the original one.

Great question btw.

BlackTracer said:
Visioneer said:

Maybe you can answer your own question. When it re acquired the 6th satellite, could you see the rear lights? If it established a new home, you would have seen the telltale rapid green flashing. If it didn't rapid flash, then it retained the original one.

Great question btw.

I'll have to watch for it the next time it happens. The last time it happened, the possibility of having established a new home point hadn't even occurred to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.