Standard GPS vs Advanced/Pro GPS

Reaction score
I have an Advanced, got a crack in the shell, so while it is being repaired I decided to buy a Standard (4K).

I've noticed I'm going getting about 5 satellites connecting with the Standard, compared to 10-15 with the Advanced. And I quite often get a message saying "Atti Mode" because it loses GPS signal entirely momentarily.

So from what I'm reading, the Standard/4K does not have GLONASS satellites, so does that mean that you'll always have fewer satellites connected than the Adv/Pro, and you're more likely to get a message that you're in Atti mode?

Thanks

I have an Advanced, got a crack in the shell, so while it is being repaired I decided to buy a Standard (4K).
I've noticed I'm going getting about 5 satellites connecting with the Standard, compared to 10-15 with the Advanced. And I quite often get a message saying "Atti Mode" because it loses GPS signal entirely momentarily.
So from what I'm reading, the Standard/4K does not have GLONASS satellites, so does that mean that you'll always have fewer satellites connected than the Adv/Pro, and you're more likely to get a message that you're in Atti mode?
US GPS and Glonass are two separate satellite systems.
The Phantom Adv and Pro can tune in to both and that gives them more sats.
But the Phantom won't work with 3 GPS + 3 Glonass.
The deck is bigger but the Phantom still has to have a full hand of either stye to have a good position.
But there are lots of satellites up there so this isn't a problem.
Here's a display of available sats at one location.
The squares are Glonass and the circles are GPS.
i-679FVcq-L.jpg

Yup.. as you've described it, that's exactly what's happening. The Standard can only receive GPS but none of the GLONASS. It makes the Standard slightly less accurate and takes a bit longer to acquire its position. In other words, it can only receive roughly half of the satellites of what the Advanced/Pro is capable of.

Glonass is not worth worrying about. It adds minimal accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20