Standard Controller in DJI Case

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought the DJI Phantom 3 – Hardshell Backpack CP.PT.000239 and I cannot get the standard controller to fit in there without smashing it in. Did anyone have any luck (and can share photos) of how they were able to get the phone mount part of the controller to fit? This case is supposed to be compatible with the standard 3 controller (if you place it on its side).

Thank you.

Here's how DJI shows it fitting:
medium_HK8A0145.jpg

Thanks. I tried that way and you have to really smash it in and it puts a ton of pressure on the antenna... I'm afraid it will cause it to break over time. This seems like a poor design. Do I need to cut out foam or is there a better case?

You could cut your case to make it fit, purchase the DJI multifunctional backpack (their latest backpack design), or pick up of the many P3S compatible backpacks here.

just unscrew holder off push down arm boom fits easily

Reactions: Squirrel!
Use a fillet knife to make some room. I bought a backpack case from HobbyPartz that is closed cell foam and sized generically for DJI drones. 10 minutes with a fillet knife and all my stuff fits very nicely. It's not that difficult.

Can you post a pic of your drone packed and the problem?

I have the same setup. Point the antenna down towards the bottom of the case (to the right if you are holding the controller. I originally was pointing mine up and it would not fit right. The phone holder is tight but fits just like in the photo msinger posted. I don't have a photo but it would be the same as above. I didn't have to cut anything.

Not the Dji backpack but I took off my metal stand at the top to make mine fit perfect after I added the inspire no drill tablet holder.

D6E670CD-57AE-4161-911E-77285440ED87_zps6arsgiyy.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1