stand alone telemetry system for fc40 stock remote

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for telemetry including distance altitude and battery info? Been looking into the quantum system but only has battery info. Fysky system looks fully expandable, but doesn't seem compatible with phantom remote control setup. There is flytrex live 3 out I believe and looks cool but can't find any info on it. It does need a Sim card so that is a down side but not sure if it is worth it or not. Anybody using any of these or others? Any info would be appreciated

Have you had a look at any of the Eagle Tree systems? I had a friend who used to use some of there telemetry on his RC Heli.

Torquetube said:
Have you had a look at any of the Eagle Tree systems? I had a friend who used to use some of there telemetry on his RC Heli.

Thanks for pointing out www.eagletreesystems.com

:cool:

thanks for the info, they look like great systems. definitely a little pricey tho. I might go with the flytrex live once the 3rd version comes out and they finish wrking the bugs out. I am deciding between that and the ar drone v2 mod that is discussed in other forums. the ar drone mod seems to be the cheapest way to go

I've just been looking at the flytrex, looks like a great little unit. I may have to buy one myself.

dtitus6297 said:
thanks for the info, they look like great systems. definitely a little pricey tho. I might go with the flytrex live once the 3rd version comes out and they finish wrking the bugs out. I am deciding between that and the ar drone v2 mod that is discussed in other forums. the ar drone mod seems to be the cheapest way to go

what is this mod u speak of?

I can't find where I saw it, but in a quick version of it, u get an ar drone main board and navigation board and cameras and mount them under the fc40 where the camera is and power it via the auxiliary wires running down the leg. You then use the ar drone flight pro app instead of the fc40 app and they give on screen telemetry, live maps (if gps is added), battery voltage, altitude, distance and the whole shabang. It really looked awesome but I can't find where I saw it. It was a pretty involved mod, so I'm hoping I don't have to go by memory when attempting it. I will post a link if I find it again

Also beware of the flytrex, it looks awesome but the more I read into it the worse it sounded. You need a 2g Sim card only available from t-mobile in the US. And they are discontinued them in the next year or so so then u will be beat. Also a lot of peeps r complaining about loss of connection and errors or no service areas because of 2g. They are just coming out with a 3g version but they want to give u a $10 discount and let you purchase for $179 to be a guinea pig and try it out. I'll wait till the bugs get worked out and pay the extra $10

I went with the ar drone mod and now have 2 cameras(1 front 1 downfacing), battery volt and percent, wifi signal, gps location, altitude, speed, velocity, heading/direction, and more!!!! got all this for around $100. best money I ever spent, although it was a decent amount of work to get it all set up. the mod is under the thread on here called "ultimate fc40 fpv mod" or something like that. the guy that came up with it is a genious!!! the wifi range for the ar drone board I used is a little shorter than the fc40 camera, but it is able to be modded for external antennas and even a booster could be put in the setup too, along with a repeater on the ground and the possibilities are endless! definitely recommend this mod 100% all the way. just shop on ebay for a used ar drone 2.0 and take the board and cameras out of it, download ar drone app, mod the settings a little for use without the motors, and mount it on the phantom

You can find various modules that are designed for the Naza-Lite setup. For instance, there's a module that inserts between the GPS and the Naza to take the data from it. You can feed this to a data-only telemetry module (the receiver plugs into a USB port), or you can feed it into something like the minimOSD. I see these things on Ebay. They allow you to use stuff designed for 3DR's APM flight controller with the Naza.

For instance, something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/271582198437?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
and this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-TTL-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2595fbf913
might have a chance of working together (do your own research).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1