Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

stand alone gimbal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michael.reynolds1775, Dec 30, 2014.

1. michael.reynolds1775

Has anyone ever attempted to use their gimbal as a stand alone asset, as in not attached to the phantom for filming home video? I know there are hand held battery operated gimbals out there, but seeing if its poissible to kill two birds with one stone.

2. M.Tigelaar

3. ExtraKim

Well considering the noise the Zenmuse makes I wouldn´t use it. I have been walking around with my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D (filming at one spot and moved to another without shuting off the camera) and the fottage sucked. Every step you take are seen in the clip since the Zenmuse can´t compensate for a horizontal movement. I got a much better shot with my Sony HDR-AS100VR action cam with image stabilizator then I got with the GoPro mounted on the Zenmuse.
    In my opinion the Zenmuse is great when you are flying, but useless if you want to walk around.

4. PsychopathRC

With Vision Plus in particular, I've been advised not to connect the camera to any mobile/tablet unless I plan to fly. Apparently the WiFi unit inside the Vision Plus gets hot and unless it's flying around and having cool air flowing around it, this WiFi unit can overheat.