Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Stand alone FPV

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by bukwild, Sep 7, 2015.

1. bukwild

Hi new here and looking into getting into this eventually but right now I am looking for a way to transmit a video signal from my gopro hero black to my iPhone. I need to have a range of 1000m (line of sight). Can anyone here tell me, in laymans terms what I would need, other than the camera and phone, for this?

2. kenjancef

What Phantom do you have? If it is a Non-Vision, then you can't use the Wi-Fi on the GoPro, it will interfere with the controller since they are both using 2.4Ghz.

3. bukwild

I'm not looking to set up on a drone, I'm looking to set it up on its own for a shooting range. So i'm looking for a complete package that will run without the drone or controller.

4. kenjancef

Oh, sorry about that... I'm not sure. Maybe there is something you can connect the GoPro to that will extend the wireless range. I don't know how far the GoPro Wi-Fi can reach.

5. Cerone

The only way to transmit from the GoPro to iPhone is using the built in wifi which is limited to short range. Much less than 1000m.

You'll need a high power analog tx/rx but it will not display on the iPhone. You'll need an analog monitor. I have an FPV setup that I was using on my old P1 that is for sale. If you're interested in it shoot me a message. It has everything you need to go from a GoPro to the monitor.