stage 2 and case fitting

Reaction score
I am a new Phantom 2 vision plus V3 owner and already have the urge to update the system with the stage 2 antennas. Anyways I'm thinking I want to purchase a case but not sure which one will fit the new controller with the stage 2.

Would love to see what others are doing

I came across a Pelican 1560 case for cheap so I'm hoping this will be enough. I noticed GSSP had what I think is a HPRC HPRC2700PHA2 hard case and he modified it to fit his FPVLR stage 2.

I did buy a pelican 1560 case for cheap 139.00 shipped. Its yellow but that doesn't bother me. I just finished the Stage two upgrade and was able to fit the transmitter after the modification. Everything fits with still an option to make more battery locations or something else. The foam is pick and pull so its really easy and fun to modify. The only thing that can be time consuming is changing the depth of the cut. The arms on the copter were a little bit time consuming. Also the cases depth is just enough to fit the height of the copter. I did have to shave the bottom foam 1/2 inch to get the lid to close without exerting pressure on the copter.

Everything seems nicely packed and I'm confident that It could survive being shipped or a trip on an airplane :lol:

I hope this review helps others looking for a case since I didn't find much when I was looking.

Attachments

• case.JPG
    case.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 579
Thanks for posting that is a nice case. I think its a little bigger than my Pelican but shows all that can be stored in it. I didn't see many cases that would allow room for a modified copter or controller yours was the only one. I guessed on the brand and checked out its dimensions looks like I was right with the brand LOL.

I wasn't sure about leaving the blades on when storing plus I pull them for safety when inside. The case I am using it wouldn't be practical to set it up for keeping the blades on, too much wasted space and the case isn't that big.
My only regret is that I wish I would have moved the copter down 1/2 inch more when creating the spot for it to rest. This would have given me a little more space for the props. My OCD kicking in

rotorwash said:
I did buy a pelican 1560 case for cheap 139.00 shipped. Its yellow but that doesn't bother me. I just finished the Stage two upgrade and was able to fit the transmitter after the modification. Everything fits with still an option to make more battery locations or something else. The foam is pick and pull so its really easy and fun to modify. The only thing that can be time consuming is changing the depth of the cut. The arms on the copter were a little bit time consuming. Also the cases depth is just enough to fit the height of the copter. I did have to shave the bottom foam 1/2 inch to get the lid to close without exerting pressure on the copter.

Everything seems nicely packed and I'm confident that It could survive being shipped or a trip on an airplane :lol:

I hope this review helps others looking for a case since I didn't find much when I was looking.

It looks neat. I have several Pelican cases for my photographic equipment but I'm wondering about the quad antennas when you have a stage 3 installed. Do you think it will fit?

Cheers,

Charlie

Hey Charlie yes I think this case would handle the stage three with the antennas. I unscrew the pinwheel since it seems fragile but I suspect you can open up the foam on the side with the antennas on the copter.
To make life easier for fitting the copter depth wise I would get the 1610. Its about an inch wider and 1.5 inches deeper. If you buy the 1610 you won't have to cut into the bottom layer of foam like I did. It was a guess for me which case to buy. I used others measurements without really factoring in the squish of the foam.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4