Stafford, VA. My first "cant fly here"

Reaction score
So I wanted to get some shots of this reservoir

Google Maps

Im up and about 5 min into flying when an employee comes and asks what am i doing.
I tell him I am doing aerial photography. This guy, not to sure says "Im pretty sure you cant fly here"
I told him I looked on the county site and did not see any restrictions but packed up and left.

Anyone in the area know for sure? I guess I will need to call the county and ask them.

doesn't hurt to try we flew at a state park on sunday packed up quick when seen ranger he just drove bye and looked what you cant see cant complain about

Reactions: mrcrane2u
Typically any governmental infrastructure is off limits. I found this on the FAA "know before you fly" web site...

• Do not fly near or over sensitive infrastructure or property such as power stations, water treatment facilities, correctional facilities, heavily traveled roadways, government facilities, etc.
SOURCE: Recreational Users | Know Before You Fly

Reactions: EddieM
Rocky Pen Run Reservoir is apparently for water supply along with the associated plant so my guess is that's why they said not to fly there. I believe LuvMyTJ nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

man, that's why i never fly where people can see me. whenever i fly somewhere i'm not supposed to, i usually always do it from inside my truck where nobody will notice. one time some people came around right about when i was getting ready to land, so i drove down the road while my brother flew above us until we got where no one was around. then we landed it and took off. if you just avoid people like that, it's better than arguing over whether or not they even know what they're talking about.

It's getting pretty hard to fly anywhere. I guess we need stealth drones. Lol. That's why range and battery life are important.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl