stable hover

Reaction score
Received my P3 and it's amazing how stable it hovers. Zero drift. I have 3 other phantoms I would like to be this stable. Is there a mod or mods that will lock it in hover like the P3? P3 got 17 sat lock in seconds. I never get over 11. Any help or information is appreciated.

Last edited:
Received my P3 and it's amazing how stable it hovers. Zero drift. I have 3 other phantoms I would like to be this stable. Is there a mod or mods that will lock it in hover like the P3? P3 got 17 sat lock in seconds. I never get over 11. Any help or information is appreciated.
Stable over don't depends of satellite count, when you get 10 is more than enough. You've to check prop balance and IMU calibration. And with p3 you get more satellite because is GPS+ GLONASS while P2 is only GPS.

StevenQX is right. The satellites only gives your quad it location. The stability is due to the sensors and IMU calibration. There are threads where some users were having drift issues then after a proper IMU calibration they were stable and could spin on a dime. Key is compass calibration for direction (north) and IMU for its axis XYZ and the accelerometer for pitch and roll. The gyroscope will correct any drift the quad starts to have within it tolerance levels. All the info is gathered and adjusted by the main controller. So stability is controlled by sensors. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Skipholiday
thank so much. Im upgrading all my props to the 9450 as well.
currently I have the P2 with H33D gimball it was the most stable, then I have the PV2 with RotoPixal, it does ok but drifts witin a foot of hover location.
Same with my PV2+v2 it hovers but not stable. The PV3 when you stop it it acts like its on a stick, its locked in hover. I was totally impressed.
I love them all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl