Stabilize the HeadPlay HDMI cable connection

Reaction score
Attached are 4 pictures of an easy way to stabilize the HDMI cable connection to the HeadPlay HD goggle.
This connection is known to be somewhat difficult due to the small size of the plastic opening on the goggle, the large size of the typical mini-HDMI male connector, and a slightly decentered female HDMI jack on the HP circuit board of the goggle. After some difficulty getting the mini- HDMI cable inserted into the HP jack, I decided to semi-permanently connect the cable and stabilize this connection using 2 plastic cable ties and an adhesive-backed cable tie mounting pad. See attached pictures.
Cable ties are ubiquitous; the mounting pads are available at Home Depot.

Attachments

• P1020361.JPG
    P1020361.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,002
  • P1020362.JPG
    P1020362.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 811
  • P1020364.JPG
    P1020364.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 790
  • P1020367.JPG
    P1020367.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 737
Reactions: Mike Mauk
Attached are 4 pictures of an easy way to stabilize the HDMI cable connection to the HeadPlay HD goggle.
This connection is known to be somewhat difficult due to the small size of the plastic opening on the goggle, the large size of the typical mini-HDMI male connector, and a slightly decentered female HDMI jack on the HP circuit board of the goggle. After some difficulty getting the mini- HDMI cable inserted into the HP jack, I decided to semi-permanently connect the cable and stabilize this connection using 2 plastic cable ties and an adhesive-backed cable tie mounting pad. See attached pictures.

This is great, What size HDMI cable works for this setup? Is it a Mini HDMI? Im waiting on my head plays still. Is it type c to type c hdmi ?

Last edited:
Yes, it is a type c to type c HDMI cable, OR, mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable (same/same).

The 3 ft mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable shown in the picture in my earlier post was purchased from B&H photo. There are several other sources.

From my experience and from reading other posts on this subject, it seems that many, if not most, of these cables have a male mini plug whose plastic shell is slightly bigger than the opening in the HP goggle to the female HDMI plug on the circuit board of the goggle. On my goggle the female plug on the circuit board was slightly decentered horizontally as well. When I finally got my cable connected I decided to fix/stabilize it as shown in the pictures. Shaving some plastic off of the male plug would also probably help.

Yes, it is a type c to type c HDMI cable, OR, mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable (same/same).

The 3 ft mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable shown in the picture in my earlier post was purchased from B&H photo. There are several other sources.

From my experience and from reading other posts on this subject, it seems that many, if not most, of these cables have a male mini plug whose plastic shell is slightly bigger than the opening in the HP goggle to the female HDMI plug on the circuit board of the goggle. On my goggle the female plug on the circuit board was slightly decentered horizontally as well. When I finally got my cable connected I decided to fix/stabilize it as shown in the pictures. Shaving some plastic off of the male plug would also probably help.
great thanks so much for the info. i cant wait !

Actually now its really hard for me to find
mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable (same/same). Cant find them on Amazon, or B&H
Any source for them.?

thanks

Here's another option mini to hdmi
$_57.JPG

I actually used a razor blade and shaved down the plastic so the cable fits in the heads easy,
And i had also ordered that little cable above and are thinking like you to connect it semi
permanently
I love my headplays so much that I wouldn't go flying without them.I bet if anyone here with a p3
had a little go with them they would sell there grandma to get a pair...they are that good!!!

Yes that HP side connection is a pain in the butt. I'll sit there for 5min trying to line it up and afraid I'm going to damage the HP HDMI port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers