Stabilization mount vs Stock mount?

lol
thanks for the input.

coincidentally, i just saved it for later in amazon while I was researching prop balancing. Figured I should balance first to see if the jello gets reduced.

shakeyness is due to .. wind or erratic flying
jello is caused mostly by vibration (prop balancing helps).

tho I've heard the vibration mounts like those do in fact help a little bit.

but honestly even tho that mount is cheap, if you really want the most stable video, you'd want to get into a brushless gimbal,. and all of those incorporate similar balls to reduce vibrations. - they're a bit more expensive, but probably better to jump straight into one of those if you can budget it.

Gizmo3000 said:
shakeyness is due to .. wind or erratic flying
jello is caused mostly by vibration (prop balancing helps).

tho I've heard the vibration mounts like those do in fact help a little bit.

but honestly even tho that mount is cheap, if you really want the most stable video, you'd want to get into a brushless gimbal,. and all of those incorporate similar balls to reduce vibrations. - they're a bit more expensive, but probably better to jump straight into one of those if you can budget it.

yeah... thats a part of the hobby that my wallet isnt quite prepared for yet.
I'll be completely honest, what kills me is the horrible delay for the gopros wifi preview. For that price, why cant it have a very slight delay like the FC40 and my ARDrone 2.0?

I know I could buy other attachments for FPV, but again, just adding more money (and weight to the quad)

The lag on my hero 3+ black is the same as my fc40 camera.
I have it connected through an amped sr10000 repeater and I get decent range.
What amazes me is that the WiFi signal on the gopro app actually reflects the camera, not the repeater, so I know when I about to lose signal.

Oh, another thing. Once you Lose signal of the fc40 camera, you cant regain it while flying, which is a royal pain, but the gopro you just come back in range and voila.

You also have complete control of the camera settings during flight with the gopro.

I will swap the sr10000 antennas with some high gain ones, that should be good enough for me, fly line of sight only.

I can also see the field of view while tilting the gimbal, so there are no disadvantages with the 3+ black.

The image quality is quite incredible when it is not compressed to death like the youtube videos we always see. I can see details in houses filmed hundreds of feet away.

ericdes said:
The lag on my hero 3+ black is the same as my fc40 camera.
I have it connected through an amped sr10000 repeater and I get decent range.
What amazes me is that the WiFi signal on the gopro app actually reflects the camera, not the repeater, so I know when I about to lose signal.

A similar discussion like this went on in the AR Drone forums. It is either software or hardware based (I think its software). Many people bought off the shelf extenders and never saw the signal degrade as they stood next to them.

However, those of us who used DDWRT on their routers (like me), saw the proper signal strength.

ericdes said:
Oh, another thing. Once you Lose signal of the fc40 camera, you cant regain it while flying, which is a royal pain, but the gopro you just come back in range and voila.

You also have complete control of the camera settings during flight with the gopro.

I will swap the sr10000 antennas with some high gain ones, that should be good enough for me, fly line of sight only.

I can also see the field of view while tilting the gimbal, so there are no disadvantages with the 3+ black.

The image quality is quite incredible when it is not compressed to death like the youtube videos we always see. I can see details in houses filmed hundreds of feet away.

Can I ask you to do something for me?
Can you record your phone while its connected to the gopro via your repeater and do some sample "lag tests" ?
Like, wave your hand in front of the camera a few times and stuff?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31