Stability issues after upgrade

Reaction score
Hi guys

I hope someone has some input for me, because I don't really know where to turn.

A few days ago I got my Zenmuse Gimbal set, and I also got an upgrade kit which included a new mainboard which now has the PMU and Gimbal control built directly into it. I replaced the old on, and fitted the gimbal. All looked well. I started the Phantom up, holding my breath that it would be flying as smoothly as before. But, it did not. My stock Phantom would hover ever so nicely, not moving around much, but now, - it's drifting, changing yaw, - all by itself. Worst of all, yesterday it caused a crash - a severe one. Drifted slightly and hit a tree, crashed and broke of the gimbal & GoPro which then tumbled into a lake just next to the lake. Oh, how lucky was that, huh? The GoPro is not in a box of rice, so let's see if that survives. Same goes for the Gimbal, will know later today if my brand new $700 Gimbal is dead or alive...

Anyway - My question was; Is there anyway of adjusting the odd behavior? It seems to happen randomly every 10-15 seconds. Hovers, drifts, hovers, changes yaw. I already did the full calibration and did a new GPS/Compas cali after I upgraded...

Input appreciated :) Thanks...

Seeing some of this too.

Replaced my mainboard last week with new upgraded board. Took it out for a test on Saturday and all was ok, good position hold in GPS.
Over the weekend I (re-added) my h3-2d and FPV gear, went through the advanced cal , and compass dance, but its drifting quite badly, and wont maintain a hover without some positive stick.
I suspect I just need to adjust the gains to account for the change in mass/inertia but would be interested to hear others experiences.

Please my friend, did you installed your upgrade kit successful? For me my GPS doesn't work!! I need help!!!

Attachments

• aa 2.jpg
    aa 2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 678
Everything is/was calibrated, but of course I will try and do it again. Having a non-stable flight is by no means acceptable.

I managed to dry out and save my GoPro (pheeew), but looks like one of the small motors on the Zenmuse gimbal is bent slightly :( This causes the Zenmuse not to calibrate properly, and it just gives up trying to calibrate itself and then shuts off. I am trying to contact my dealer to see if there's any way of repairing it. I don't really have hopes for a warranty claim as the defect was caused by a crash...

I am now facing 2 choices; Pay another $700 for a new Zenmuse, or pay much less and try to get a Tarrot gimbal to work... Hmm... what to do what to do...

Did you adjust gains to compensate for the new weight and center of gravity? You generally should go through a round of gain adjustments whenever you add or remove a decent amount of weight.

cd419 said:
Did you adjust gains to compensate for the new weight and center of gravity? You generally should go through a round of gain adjustments whenever you add or remove a decent amount of weight.

Not sure how much gain I should add? That said, the strange performance also happens even with the Zenmuse disconnected. Only weight on it now, is the FPV-TX stuck to the underside. Not sure if that small weight would do anything to de-stabilize it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31