Stability Bracket for Controller

Ordered mine today and had tracking code in an hour. Thanks for the video.

Reactions: tcope
Same here, tracking code in one hour and ships to canada. Grear video, good company.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got one. The mobile holder part was loose so the tablet's (iPad Pro 9.7") angle wasn't steady (with the two plastic washers). So I fastened that screw just a little bit with a screwdriver, then again, then again ... until finally the thread of the screw gave up and got completely loose.

I ended up ordering the original plastic DJI bracket. Yes, it wobbles a little but it does its job.

I got one. The mobile holder part was loose so the tablet's (iPad Pro 9.7") angle wasn't steady (with the two plastic washers). So I fastened that screw just a little bit with a screwdriver, then again, then again ... until finally the thread of the screw gave up and got completely loose.

I ended up ordering the original plastic DJI bracket. Yes, it wobbles a little but it does its job.

I had no issues like that at all.. perhaps yours was not cut to spec? I was even able to lock down that top screw to the point where the pad holder wouldn't even fold down. I used a washer (under the screw head) so I could still use the back pack case and fold down the device holder. If you got yours here in the states from the FAADrone person I'd write him. He seems nice enough..

I read similar experiences about a loose FAA Drone Decals Stability Bracket tablet angle here. (I didn't complain to the seller because of the inconvenience/shipping costs etc doing that from abroad).

The marketing gal promoting the bracket here admitted that the plastic washers don't work and suggested getting similar metal washers (this thread was later deleted from the forum so don't bother clicking it):

"After a short time of use with the OEM bracket as you adjust the screens position it starts to flop forward and backwards (won't stay in place) because the plastic bracket starts to ware thin.

The replacement Stability Bracket has two plastic washers that take up that slop left over from the the ware on the OEM plastic bracket; if that isn't tight enough for your liking or if your tablet holder is two warn down from use, then just replace the two plastic washers that come with the new bracket with lock washers of the same size, that will completely eliminate any screen tilt on any size screen.

Just use washers like these from any hardware store in in-place of the plastic washers."

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ity-bracket-very-impressed.76742/#post-786105

FAA Drone Decals Stability Bracket for DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire Controllers Replacement Washers.jpg

I read similar experiences about a loose FAA Drone Decals Stability Bracket tablet angle here. (I didn't complain to the seller because of the inconvenience/shipping costs etc doing that from abroad).

The marketing gal promoting the bracket here admitted that the plastic washers don't work and suggested getting similar metal washers (this thread was later deleted from the forum so don't bother clicking it):

"After a short time of use with the OEM bracket as you adjust the screens position it starts to flop forward and backwards (won't stay in place) because the plastic bracket starts to ware thin.

The replacement Stability Bracket has two plastic washers that take up that slop left over from the the ware on the OEM plastic bracket; if that isn't tight enough for your liking or if your tablet holder is two warn down from use, then just replace the two plastic washers that come with the new bracket with lock washers of the same size, that will completely eliminate any screen tilt on any size screen.

Just use washers like these from any hardware store in in-place of the plastic washers."

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ity-bracket-very-impressed.76742/#post-786105

OK, :) I think we need to make sure we're talking about the same versions of this bracket. The original design had two recessed areas on the top where the plastic washers went in before reattaching the "plastic" DJI holder part of the mount. This could slip. The newer design (with no recesses at the top) is flush. If you tighten it down fully (the DJI bracket fits snug against the mounts flush face) then device holder bracket will not fold back down. For those that still want that flexibility there are two solutions. Loosen up on that top screw just a little, or (as I did) place one of the plastic washers under the screw head. For me, that second scenario allows me to tighten the screw fully and still allow the device holder to fold down.

Reactions: matti

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4