ssid out of range as soon as i bind the camera

Reaction score
Hi,

i crashed my drone, send the camera to the repair unit in germany, got it back yesterday and i cant get it to work. my drone works, cause i did fly it, but i cant connect to the camera.

when i do the reset of my repeater i can see the SSID in the networks and i can connect to it, get ip, etc ... i can even shut down everything and when i switch on repeater, remote and drone they connect instantly. but as soon as i bind the camera, i lose connection and i SSID is out of range.

what can i do? Please help.

regards,
heki

p.s. the led light on the camera is green and its not blinking (this means there is no wifi as it says in the manual? it should be blinking green?)

Follow this:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2_Vision-Preparing_the_Range_Extender

If you can't find the phantoms mac address:
Turn on the phantom.
I use Androids wifi analyser to get the last 3 sets of the mac address of the PHANTOM and not the Range extender. Write mac address on the phantom for future reference.
I then manually key the last 6 digits and hit DONE (not the back key).

ALSO

Make sure you don't have 2 devices trying to connect to the phantom. If 2 devices are connecting, you will lose FPV.
If you get telemetry, and no FPV, then check the 3 cables that plugs into the gimbal/camera board. Inspect the 4 pin connector and make sure the clip has not been damaged and that the pins are seated correctly.

thank you for the reply, but you missunderstood me. I know how to bind the droid with camera (i have my QR code at the bottom of the droid. i can do it with scanning the code or entering it manualy). The problem starts when i do that. When i enter the mac address. Than after a few sec
my SSID goes out of range. :(

Again, if i reset the repeater and dont bind the droid and camera, i can see SSID and i can connect to it without a problem. I can shutdown and startup everything and it will connect.

So the next step is to bind the camera and droid. As soon as i do that, my SSID goes out of range ...

:(

thank you for the reply, but you missunderstood me. I know how to bind the droid with camera (i have my QR code at the bottom of the droid. i can do it with scanning the code or entering it manualy). The problem starts when i do that. When i enter the mac address. Than after a few sec
my SSID goes out of range. :(

Again, if i reset the repeater and dont bind the droid and camera, i can see SSID and i can connect to it without a problem. I can shutdown and startup everything and it will connect.

So the next step is to bind the camera and droid. As soon as i do that, my SSID goes out of range ...

:(

I think your smart phone/device wifi's switching automagically because the Phantoms network is either poorer in strength or because no internet is detected. Disable smart switching or REMOVE ALL the wifi SSID on your smart device. This will ensure that it will only connect to the Phantoms SSID and nothing else.

And what device are you using? IOS? Android?

i am using samsung galaxy note 2014. Well i can connect to my 2nd phantom 2 vision + without any problems ... The one that i crashed and got a new camera, bugs me ... I was searching for smart switching but i couldnt find that option in samsung galaxy note 2014.

the same thing happens if i try connecting it with samsung s5. Crashed one dc, the other one works like a charm.

I am having the same/similar problem. It will connect to the RE no problem before i bind the camera. After i bind the camera the ssid drops from the wifi list. It does reappear after a minute or so but then says that it cannot connect to phantom wifi. Im stumped. Spent 4 hours yesterday troubleshooting so now im here. Any help is appreciated.

I have the same issue on both of my Phantom 2 V+'s after replacing the controllers and wifi repeaters. No matter what I do or how I do it, it just WILL NOT BIND with the cameras.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan