Squirt gun attachment

S

sandman259

Thinking of mounting one on my drone. Is there a way to have the c1 or c2 operate the trigger? Probably wouldn't need to actually push trigger in, so a servo shouldn't be needed. Could open up the squirt gun and hard wire it in. But how would you get c1 or c2 to activate it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You are aware water guns have gotten people killed right? I know where your going with this but just saying .

Reactions: BigAl07
I thought I was pretty specific what I was trying to do. I was asking for instructions on how to mount a 9mm hand gun on my drone...it's a squirt gun[emoji849]. No different then putting a sprayer on it..

C'mon, you're just pushing buttons here.
Squirt guns make a terrible delivery system.

This is what is referred to as a 'mouse milking' project.

As far as activation... you have the same issues folks have had for other mods requiring another 'channel' to operate.

Depending on the model of Phantom you have you could buy the retract kit (if still available).

But since you're so close in range (I assume) you could use a secondary radio system to activate your 'device'.

Reactions: BigAl07
Water (anti-moss liquid) balloon(s).

Cut the balloon loose with the camera tilt trick.

Maybe you could follow DJI's crop sprayer concept with a smaller homemade personal version. You might be able to get the airflow from the props to be the pull the liquid from a small (RC fuel tank size) bottle, limiting your only control need to open/close a lightweight valve.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

suspend the balloon on a long string and lower the bird until the balloon contacts the roof area you want and drag the balloon a little and try to pop it. Or suspend the balloon on a string and poke a small squirt hole in it and fly it up and let it drip were needed.
captain kush

Hmm I kinda like the balloon idea. I'm thinking after I poked a hole I would have to act fast before it ran all out before I got up there to put it where I want it...

Try filling a balloon with water and poking it with various items until you get the desired flow so to speak. Or try rubbing it on similar textures while suspended from the string and see what happens. Balloons are cheap ha ha.
captain kush

I know you know but have you seen how much air one will push down . Balloon would have to hang down a bit I would think .
Rebel , water.jpg That was like 5' up .

Yes I thought of that too. I may not be able to get the results I want with the wind flow it will create. As soon as it stops raining here I'll have to experiment.

1. So I started a thread that was closed pretty quickly regarding this topic. I'd like to merge into this one and see if there's anything new to be learned. the main difference in what I'm trying to accomplish is that I would doing this commercially for my own business and not on my own house and also my preference is to drop the grannual or powdered version of moss treatment instead of the liquid treatment.
  2. I'm not a drone pilot and I under I would have a big learning curve to take in but I'm mostly wondering if it is a viable solution to look into for the commercial application. Of course most of the time it's not a big deal to get up there on a ladder but there a lot of jobs where the safety risks are too high for a super steep roof. I'm positive those clients would pay the necessary fee to substantiate my long term investment into rolling out a service that no one else is offering.
  3. I'm hoping to get more input on the actual deliver mechanism I could employ to have some sort down sort of container triggered to open up or rotated 180 degrees to dump out and as I learned earlier in a thread, there is the issue of rotor wash to over come which I didn't consider. I appreciate all your input. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20