Spring Runoff on the Spokane River Video

James,
Very nice video, smooth flying made it enjoyable to watch.
I was curious about flying there because I'll be driving through there next month on the way to Couer d'Alene. I looked up the Falls in the B4Ufly app and it shows the falls in the circle of several airport and heliport zones. A while back I was reading there are some restrictions around "power stations", too. Any concerns about restrictions being enforced at the falls?

James,
I was curious about flying there because I'll be driving through there next month on the way to Couer d'Alene. I looked up the Falls in the B4Ufly app and it shows the falls in the circle of several airport and heliport zones. A while back I was reading there are some restrictions around "power stations", too. Any concerns about restrictions being enforced at the falls?

Well, much to my chagrin, I had not checked this app before. Lots going on at home. It surprised me to see how far the airport restrictions extended but I was right at the edge for most of them. There is one little airport I had never even heard of called Ox Meadows. As far as the heliports, there are three hospitals in Spokane. The location I was flying was down hill from all three including the one where I work. I also
James,

Well, much to my chagrin, I had not checked this app before. Lots going on at home. It surprised me to see how far the airport restrictions extended but I was right at the edge for most of them. There is one little airport I had never even heard of called Ox Meadows. As far as the heliports, there are three hospitals in Spokane. The location I was flying was down hill from all three including the one where I work. I also never exceeded 250ft and in that location, would be far below a choppers flight path to the top of the hospitals. I have been flying in this area for a while and have never been bothered by anyone including park employees. I avoid flying over people or cars and stay pretty much over the water or open ground. I have flown there several times early in the morning when not many are around. As far as the police, I have never seen one on the times I have been flying. If asked to desist, I would.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj