Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Spring Runoff on the Spokane River Video

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by James Connerly, Feb 28, 2016.

1. James Connerly

2. Energy Guy

James,
    Very nice video, smooth flying made it enjoyable to watch.
    I was curious about flying there because I'll be driving through there next month on the way to Couer d'Alene. I looked up the Falls in the B4Ufly app and it shows the falls in the circle of several airport and heliport zones. A while back I was reading there are some restrictions around "power stations", too. Any concerns about restrictions being enforced at the falls?

3. James Connerly

Well, much to my chagrin, I had not checked this app before. Lots going on at home. It surprised me to see how far the airport restrictions extended but I was right at the edge for most of them. There is one little airport I had never even heard of called Ox Meadows. As far as the heliports, there are three hospitals in Spokane. The location I was flying was down hill from all three including the one where I work. I also

Well, much to my chagrin, I had not checked this app before. Lots going on at home. It surprised me to see how far the airport restrictions extended but I was right at the edge for most of them. There is one little airport I had never even heard of called Ox Meadows. As far as the heliports, there are three hospitals in Spokane. The location I was flying was down hill from all three including the one where I work. I also never exceeded 250ft and in that location, would be far below a choppers flight path to the top of the hospitals. I have been flying in this area for a while and have never been bothered by anyone including park employees. I avoid flying over people or cars and stay pretty much over the water or open ground. I have flown there several times early in the morning when not many are around. As far as the police, I have never seen one on the times I have been flying. If asked to desist, I would.