Sporting Events

Reaction score
I know that off the FAA website flying above sporting events are not allowed but I was wondering does this count for high school events like for a half time show?

Probably come under the "Flying over people" rules. Hard to get good images of things on the field without being somewhere inside the stadium.

Reactions: Falcon900
Probably come under the "Flying over people" rules. Hard to get good images of things on the field without being somewhere inside the stadium.
So how the half time show is set up is so that no one is on the track at all closest people are on the sidelines of the field which is a good 25 feet away. so basically to rephrase my question: is it okay to fly over the track during a half time show?

I still contend that anywhere inside the stadium during an event would be unwise and possibly in violation. IF something goes squirrelly, 25 ft isn't that far away.

I know that off the FAA website flying above sporting events are not allowed but I was wondering does this count for high school events like for a half time show?

FAA says: No flying over people or stadiums or sporting events.

That's about that.

Flying to the side is fine though. Just don't go directly over any edge/border. National stadiums usually have a TFR for an hour before until an hour after the event too. Fox Sports doesn't want to compete with your 4K feed of the game.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

FAA says: No flying over people or stadiums or sporting events.

That's about that.

Flying to the side is fine though. Just don't go directly over any edge/border. National stadiums usually have a TFR for an hour before until an hour after the event too. Fox Sports doesn't want to compete with your 4K feed of the game.

So using it over the track is okay? Or should it be behind the booth at the top? Its not really a stadium either. Just an outdoor turf field. Usually dont have much media coverage other than our local tv station that just stays on top of the booth.

Personally, non-pro answer here. The biggest issues is avoiding people's heads. Otherwise, I'll be shocked of they have issue with you being over the edges of the field (the track). And, as you said it's a small turf field, this isn't NFL territory. But don't quote me ;)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie