Sport mode SPEED test - How fast can you go?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Been out playing around with sports mode to test the maximum speed. This is pretty crazy in my world getting up to around 40mph or more. I can easily see something go wrong at the speed.

How fast have you guys tried to fly?

My test was done with a Mavic but would be interesting to hear how it stacks up against the Phantoms

If you're interested you can see how I did here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys

Been out playing around with sports mode to test the maximum speed. This is pretty crazy in my world getting up to around 40mph or more. I can easily see something go wrong at the speed.

How fast have you guys tried to fly?

My test was done with a Mavic but would be interesting to hear how it stacks up against the Phantoms

If you're interested you can see how I did here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks guys.
1493322233595-1268196444.jpg
78.3mph clocked on second flight,,,,now can't get past 59.2mph...sport mode:)

Your third sentence is something that more pilots should reflect on, and yes I must say it, most of em' are the younger ones who also think they will live forever...the guy over there in the distant corner with the long black robes and the Blade, knows they do not:eek:

I've hit 56 mph in atti mode on my P3P recently. But that was with help of wind .

I was flying in sport mode yesterday and I got a message saying "maximum speed reached". That was around 45mph.
HI I not had logo like that come up yet and I know me p4 is not seem to be going like it used to,,,no crashes but the speed has dropped ,,,used to go like bat outa he'll,,,not revs hard and leans forward but handbrake on somewhere,,:eek:

View attachment 81197 78.3mph clocked on second flight,,,,now can't get past 59.2mph...sport mode:)
Go back and check the flight record for that particular flight and replay it.
You'll find find that you never got to 78MPH anywhere in the flight.
I'll guess it might have been something around 48.6 mph.
To reach 78mph, you would have to have flown in a wind that you would never consider launching with ... and probably would have lost the Phantom as it couldn't fight its way back.

Go back and check the flight record for that particular flight and replay it.
You'll find find that you never got to 78MPH anywhere in the flight.
I'll guess it might have been something around 48.6 mph.
To reach 78mph, you would have to have flown in a wind that you would never consider launching with ... and probably would have lost the Phantom as it couldn't fight its way back.
Ha I was waiting...Yeh I thought some was not right but kept picture just for reference,,,,explains why I thought it not going right but it was,,all flights records show around 42mph up to 52.....:):)

Ha I was waiting...Yeh I thought some was not right but kept picture just for reference,,,,explains why I thought it not going right but it was,,all flights records show around 42mph up to 52.....:):)
There's a bug in that page that shows your top speed in Km/h but labels it in MPH.

There's a bug in that page that shows your top speed in Km/h but labels it in MPH.
OK thanks I go though settings and redo ,,,I notice my setting in ft aswell used to be mtr,,,,app must have changed it somehow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen