sport mode overload??

So i took my P4 out tonight as i got the litchi app, after 2 minutes decided i hated it and got rid and went back to the dji app. I decided to have a little fun with sport mode, so there i was flying drone as normal with no issues untill i took a left turn, the picture on the camera tilted very violently 3 times then a yellow message flashed up, im sure it said `motor overload` the p4 made a very loud noise with the blades as it was adjusting itself, i honestly thought it was going to drop from the sky. After that all was fine and normal....

Ive checked the flight log on dji app but no mesage comes up when this happened, also uploaded it to healtyh drones for a look to but nothing at all.

Has anyone had this before? i have it on video so it can be seen from that

This happened to me. Far more violent than in the clip below. Here's my flight video, see from 7 to 10 seconds in. Message was gimbal to end of range or something like that. Scary. I loaded the flight log and video and sent to DJI Support. Haven't heard back yet. Flight mission:

But what im saying is my actual phantom tilted over. I seen it . And heard the immense noise the props made as it adjusted itself

I havent had a sideways tilt with Litchi. But if your drones current speed is greater than cruising speed set for the waypoint. It jerks violently nose down nose up to slow the craft down to the speed. When that happened for the first time I almost S*@T my pants. Same thing loud loud noises Felt like the drone was going to fall from the sky.

Did you ever see that video of those kids on YouTube trying to knock the P4 out of the sky? They thru the case it comes in, right at it and nailed it, the P4 was almost upside down, and recovered!? There are other crash videos that show recoveries, and wow, they are amazing at recovering themselves, in almost any attitude it could be thrown into, if it has enough room, it will recover (if its operating normally of course)
That would scare me too, I try not to ham fist the controls for that reason, at sport speeds, I'm sure I could get a P4 out of shape enough for it to "put the power down" to recover, that's all you did, it was prolly not so much your input, but between that and the wind, she got out of shape, and recovered, exactly what's it's designed to do

I was free flying in sports mode. After hearing all these different stories i feel happy that im not the only one now. Just wish i'd seen the error message pop up on the app. I was using the dji go app.

More bad stuff showing off now?
I am flying a kite till problems resolved.

when I pilot in sport mode and make quick maneuvers appears this message (Gimbal Roll Reached End Ponint), I think it's the same in your case, I contacted the DJI asked to update the p4 more still continues to appear the message, anyone have any idea what can be?

Attachments

• IMG_1556.JPG
    IMG_1556.JPG
    566.1 KB · Views: 284
when I pilot in sport mode and make quick maneuvers appears this message (Gimbal Roll Reached End Ponint), I think it's the same in your case, I contacted the DJI asked to update the p4 more still continues to appear the message, anyone have any idea what can be?

Perhaps as simple as the P4 rolled further than the leveling limits of the gimbal. I estimate it to be about 20 degrees in the X axis.

I had this happen to me in Sport Mode, check 2.20 in. No-where near as violent as the OP's issue, only a small glitch but I've seen this happen quite a few times now.

I too got a similar camera response during a tight turn in sport mode, but I got a "gimbal reset" message. It occurs around the 27 seconds of the attached video. I had the P4 in view at all times and it maintained the right attitude for the turn. The message only appeared on my dji go display for a few seconds. As with you it was on a turn to the left !

Happens to me too is sport mode

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think I'm gonna stop using sport mod [emoji58]

I too got a similar camera response during a tight turn in sport mode, but I got a "gimbal reset" message. It occurs around the 27 seconds of the attached video. I had the P4 in view at all times and it maintained the right attitude for the turn. The message only appeared on my dji go display for a few seconds. As with you it was on a turn to the left !

I'm amazed by your horizon...it's staying dead level with hard Sport-mode turns! Even when I slowly yaw in P-mode, the horizon goes bonkers for about ten seconds until it levels itself out. Wow.

Mine looked like your two firmware revisions ago. Then 1.1.410 came out and broke my horizon. The latest firmware fixed the altitude drop, but horizon is still tilts on banking/turning.

I've never flown in sport mode and I never will. Puts undo stress and burdon on the aircraft and motors in my opinion. I wonder how many of those with hairline cracks fly sport mode a lot.

I've never flown in sport mode and I never will. Puts undo stress and burdon on the aircraft and motors in my opinion. I wonder how many of those with hairline cracks fly sport mode a lot.

Huh? It's built into the P4 for a reason and it's a ton of fun. To each his own, I suppose.

People sure do seem to get a lot of warnings and gimbal errors when flying in it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj