Sporadic uncontrolled movement

Reaction score
Hi

I (potentially incorrectly) posted this in the discussion thread seeking info on decoding flight logs:- Twitching / Sporadic Movement

However I've since discovered using GO 4 app you can see stick movement when replaying the flight...I can see the drone move quickly back and my response on the sticks to correct.

Basically, mid-air, my P4 reversed on its own accord - nearly wiping itself out off a bridge and into a torrent of water.

Luckily I caught it when I did, literally and inch or two from taking itself out!!

It wasn't wind as it wasn't windy or gusty. And witnessed a few other minor twitches afterwards. There were some trees around although there would of been a clear line of sight to the sky above.

Unsure what to do, doesn't instill much confidence when in close quarters.

Anyone else encountered something similar?
Or have any ideas on what could of happened?
Faulty drone/IMU perhaps?

Cheers

Another out-of-control-near-a-bridge thread...
...Is this a common issue? What's the usual verdict?

For what it's worth...it was a small stone arch bridge. I was maybe 3m out from the parapet over water when it reversed and certainly wasn't under anything blocking signal, at most maybe 0.5m below top of parapet level.

...Is this a common issue? What's the usual verdict?

For what it's worth...it was a small stone arch bridge. I was maybe 3m out from the parapet over water when it reversed and certainly wasn't under anything blocking signal, at most maybe 0.5m below top of parapet level.
Hi mayby vps was reacting to something it sensed ,check imu might need a kick in the calibration department:oops:

Reactions: d4niven
Hi mayby vps was reacting to something it sensed ,check imu might need a kick in the calibration department:oops:
What's VPS - vision positioning system? I thought that only picks up what's in front? Pretty sure it was all clear, there were some trees but over to the side.

Funny you say that because I calibrated IMU that same day, hmmmm. Didn't appear to be any issues during calibration, never touched the drone or controller.

Was my first time calibrating since getting my P4 in January. Never had any issue before but just thought it was something that I better do having never calibrated it before, here's another post I made re this lol: Warm up times

..same day, I also updated r/c to v1.8 and the drone to v4.something as a consequence of the r/c update.

Not sure if they are somehow related.

What's VPS - vision positioning system? I thought that only picks up what's in front? Pretty sure it was all clear, there were some trees but over to the side.

Funny you say that because I calibrated IMU that same day, hmmmm. Didn't appear to be any issues during calibration, never touched the drone or controller.

Was my first time calibrating since getting my P4 in January. Never had any issue before but just thought it was something that I better do having never calibrated it before, here's another post I made re this lol: Warm up times

..same day, I also updated r/c to v1.8 and the drone to v4.something as a consequence of the r/c update.

Yip vps has downward aswell,,i think i replyed to your warm up post times,,mines long to like sometimes 60sec,,got same version here,,1.8.0 and 4.0.4 on ac,,just fixed me cam settins too last update gave me frozen screen diconects mid flight,,lost top end speed and that just what i know about,,lot rain not much flyin goin on:(

Front monocular are at front they scan forward ,,called obstacle sensing , vps is scanning downward help by ultrasonic sound waves and talks to gps

Yip vps has downward aswell,,i think i replyed to your warm up post times,,mines long to like sometimes 60sec,,got same version here,,1.8.0 and 4.0.4 on ac,,just fixed me cam settins too last update gave me frozen screen diconects mid flight,,lost top end speed and that just what i know about,,lot rain not much flyin goin on:(

Thought I recognised your nick.

Hmmm, was a good few metres above anything, unless the water threw it off...But then it reversed - didn't go up.

What's the normal avoidance technique?..can the P4 go up to avoid?

I won't get a chance until weekend to check the log on the drone, its killing me lol.

Yeah my picture has had a lot more pink/green bands interference since updating. Think i might roll back the updates.

Sound, your New Zealand. Scotland here, so I feel your pain with the rain haha

Thought I recognised your nick.

Hmmm, was a good few metres above anything, unless the water threw it off...But then it reversed - didn't go up.

What's the normal avoidance technique?..Does the P4 go up to avoid?

I won't get a chance until weekend to check the log on the drone, its killing me lol.

Sound, your New Zealand. Scotland here, so I feel your pain with the rain haha
Um not tested myself if on a tap and fly on some planed miss i sure it goes up above obstacal and manal mode you get alert on device u veiw from top middle screen,,,sure it hovers aswell but watched post about attacted by me p4 where it hovered then fly straight for him,,im not one to trust that,,i been flyin with mine OFF ,,something less to confuse drone

I am always careful not to fly very near to a steel structure that could effect the compass. Not sure if this could have been your problem but doing so can cause such behavior.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl