Sporadic GPS after crash

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I got my Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal about a month ago, and on the 2nd flight had a horrible crash (clipped tree branches about 40 feet up, down, bang). The gimbal is toast, just ordered a new one. The Phantom is flying okay, except it seems to not pick up GPS as much as it did before (or hardly ever). I just flew it around my back yard for about 10 minutes … GPS never kicked in. Before it was almost immediate (but also went away for short spirts while in flight). My question is, could the crash have damaged the GPS a little? Or would it be an all GPS or no GPS situation? I did open it up since the crash and made sure the connection was intact.

Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure if this is the fix?

But usually after a crash or HARD landing,
These are the steps to follow:

1) OPEN phantom, visually check for ( unhooked connections,
loose connections, broken solder joints,loose wires, anything loose
or broken )! Put phantom back together.

2) Hook to PC assistant ( perform ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION )

3) while still hooked to PC assistant, do Tx ( transmitter ) calibration.

4) BEFORE first flight ( perform COMPASS Calibration )

5) go Fly!

Please keep us updated!
Hope this helps!

Take Care, Fly Safe!

Open up the shell and remove the GPS receiver from the top. Examine the ceramic antenna for cracks. It can crack really easily and unfortunately if it does, it's toast.
You can replace the actual antenna part with a little soldering work for a few bucks. I don't have the link for the actual part but someone on here posted it before. Try and see if you can find the post.
If you don't want to do that they you will have to replace the module itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers