Spokane area

Reaction score
This is a new thought. I have the Phantom 2 and in the process of building an X8 from Syndrones (Holland) and a Cinestar 8 rotor. I'm looking for more people to fly and do photography with (OK, with whom to do photography). Anyway, I have a local #: 509-733-2928.

I am new to the Board, live a little NW of Spokane. Looking for fellow pilots with whom to meet and discuss all things aerial video and photography. Tom 916-835-5083 [email protected]

Last edited:
I'm in south Spokane/Valley. Just got mine and have been flying around the river and downtown lately. Met another local guy on reddit from Spokane too.

I am in Deer Park, have been flying the original Phantom for over a year now. I would really like to fly with other Phantom Pilots seeing that my dog Bleu is not much of a co pilot. Available to fly 7 days a week.

E-mail me at [email protected] and get some flight time going.

D.Hart

Update...I now fly both the Phantom 1 and phantom 2 with a 3D gimbal. I am also quite fluent in FPV flying and modding of both phantoms. Looking to start a FPV Racing league here in the Spokane area. 250 class quad copters with FPV setup. Imagine real time pod racing from the view of the cockpit! There are some examples online but I do not see night flying courses lit by colored LEDs. I have many track ideas and have modeled them in 3D with a flying camera to give you the FPV of the track design. I am thinking this will be an all year sport that fits very well with indoor and outdoor flying.
I have a poor mans copyright and trademark currently on my idea yet, I need some feedback to see if it is even viable to start a league or if interest is there.
Thanks pilots, I hope to see some feedback and even better ideas for this sport I would like to get going so we can get rotor time with fellow pilots. RC Planes and helos seem to have there own clubs and fields...why can't we setup Quad clubs and fields ourselves. AMA grants should be possible if enough interest is shown.
My background started in 1987 with the Army's 10th Mountain Division in Fort Drum New York. Flew a few target drones for the ADA (aireal defense artillery/30mm battling gun towed....just never got the chance to land them....usually the biggest piece to hit the ground was the engine ;)
Cheers,

Darrin 'ZeekArmy' Hart

ZeekArmy said:
Update...I now fly both the Phantom 1 and phantom 2 with a 3D gimbal. I am also quite fluent in FPV flying and modding of both phantoms. Looking to start a FPV Racing league here in the Spokane area. 250 class quad copters with FPV setup. Imagine real time pod racing from the view of the cockpit! There are some examples online but I do not see night flying courses lit by colored LEDs. I have many track ideas and have modeled them in 3D with a flying camera to give you the FPV of the track design. I am thinking this will be an all year sport that fits very well with indoor and outdoor flying.
I have a poor mans copyright and trademark currently on my idea yet, I need some feedback to see if it is even viable to start a league or if interest is there.
Thanks pilots, I hope to see some feedback and even better ideas for this sport I would like to get going so we can get rotor time with fellow pilots. RC Planes and helos seem to have there own clubs and fields...why can't we setup Quad clubs and fields ourselves. AMA grants should be possible if enough interest is shown.
My background started in 1987 with the Army's 10th Mountain Division in Fort Drum New York. Flew a few target drones for the ADA (aireal defense artillery/30mm battling gun towed....just never got the chance to land them....usually the biggest piece to hit the ground was the engine ;)
Cheers,

Darrin 'ZeekArmy' Hart

I am in Post Falls, ID but I get to Spokane at least 3 times per week. Did you get anyone together for the racing league? I haven't built a racing quad yet but I want to! I have a Phantom 2 and a bit of fixed wing stuff. Keep me posted on any get togethers. [email protected]

Thanks!

Eric

Hi,
I am a local drone owner operator and have really been wanting to get into fpv racing.
Feel free to contact me on Facebook and twitter,
Garrett Beyer
BeyerDrone

Hello Pilots,
My name is Nick and I am a reporter with Krem 2 in Spokane.
I was hoping to get the community's reaction to the FAA's regulations that were announced Tuesday.
Please contact me at [email protected]
THANKS!

Reactions: Jay_Z
I'm also in Post Falls...fly my Phantom 3 up and down the river. Great photos over the lake too, and over the dam.

Hello Pilots,
My name is Nick and I am a reporter with Krem 2 in Spokane.
I was hoping to get the community's reaction to the FAA's regulations that were announced Tuesday.
Please contact me at [email protected]
THANKS!

Hey Nick. Just got my phantom today and registered it with the FAA. Not really a big deal. As long as you follow the rules and fly safe, there is no reason to worry about it. Funny thing is that if someone is planning on doing something "bad" with their bird, do you really think they are going to register it..... Just another way for the Govt to try and keep the bad guys at bay

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just picked up a phantom 4 and will be flying it for the first time today. I would be interested in meeting up with other pilots for learning and tips.

amgrider, you will really like it...especially the photography. I have a Phantom 3. Let me know how you like the "follow me" function on the 4. One tip. Calibrate after every minor crash, or when you arrive at a new spot. I forgot to calibrate after a minor crash, then I had a fly away. Luckily II was at a beach and it did not go in the water.

Just saw this thread and thought I would throw a shoutout to my fellow Spokanites. I live on the Northwest side by Shadle Park HS.

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and NOT a drone pilot, but have been giving it some consideration. I figure I’ll learn a lot more here than from a salesman in a hobby shop.

Another reason I wanted to post to this thread in particular, is I am a Field Investigator from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) working on a case in the Spokane Area. It hit me, that drone flights could very well initiate UFO reports.

The case I’m working on now was a sighting from near Summit @ A Street in the western part of West Central Spokane. (I don’t live in the area, so I don’t know neighborhood names.) The witness was facing (initially) NE when they saw a pulsating orange light/orb heading South. It slowly changed direction heading SE and then vanished. It was approximately 9:20 PM, September 10, 2016. Distance from the observer, size of the object, and speed are unknown.

Does anyone know of a drone being operated that might have resulted in this report?

Feel free to contact me at w a l k e r t r a i n at hotmail dot com (remove spaces and use proper punctuation)

For Forum Post #79074.jpg

Wayne
The gold ole West Central Neighborhood or also known in Spokane as Felony Flats. The area is known for all the meth & crack heads. Although there are a few people in the area that may be reliable, I would make sure the person/s are a credible and not a strung out druggies. I do know the area fairly well. I do know a few people in that neighborhood personally and I know of one that has a drone. But whether or not he was fly that night I do not know, I could find out.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Mrwalleyeman,

Thanks for your reply. The location I stated in my post was not the location of the sighting, but a general area. I have to do that to protect the anonymity of the Reporting Party (RP). Now that I have studied Spokane maps more extensively, I can say that the locations that would have generated the report(s) would be across the river in West Spokane somewhere in the general area between the Life-Center Four Square Church and Spokane Falls Community College. Both of these locations would seem to me to be a good place for flying a drone. Do you know of any drone activity in that area on September 10th or anytime. From the internet, I found several sites that drones are frequently launched from (see map attached), but unfortunately they are all East of the RP’s location.

Again thanks for your help, and I still am contemplating purchasing a low-end drone for my own use.

Frequent launch sites in the Spokane area.
Google Earth 4 Case #79074 - Annotated.jpg

Mrwalleyeman,

Thanks for your reply. The location I stated in my post was not the location of the sighting, but a general area. I have to do that to protect the anonymity of the Reporting Party (RP). Now that I have studied Spokane maps more extensively, I can say that the locations that would have generated the report(s) would be across the river in West Spokane somewhere in the general area between the Life-Center Four Square Church and Spokane Falls Community College. Both of these locations would seem to me to be a good place for flying a drone. Do you know of any drone activity in that area on September 10th or anytime. From the internet, I found several sites that drones are frequently launched from (see map attached), but unfortunately they are all East of the RP’s location.

Again thanks for your help, and I still am contemplating purchasing a low-end drone for my own use.

Frequent launch sites in the Spokane area.
View attachment 65657
dude, the area you are referring to is the approach path for Spokane International Airport. It was a plane.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

I noticed in the airmap app that basically the north part of lake cda, much of Hayden lake, all of Newman lake sm and Hauser are all within 5 miles of an "Airport" and it says flight strictly regulated. I see drone videos of C'da on YouTube, are people calling the airports before flying? Some of these aren't really airports, it looks like they are considering lake cda an Airport, I guess because of the sea planes.

Anyway just looking to see what people are doing before flying. The vast majority of our entire region is restricted airspace. Post falls, Spokane, Spokane Valley, north Spokane, all restricted. Where are you flying?

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl