Split coke on controller.

Reaction score
Hi all. Did a stupid thing and split coke on my controller! Quickly wipe it all off but just used controller 3 days later and joystick is sticking badly in all positions. Does anyone know of a spray I use to loosen the joystick up and not do any damage if it gets inside gimbals? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you have spilled coke inside the remote, you need to take it apart and clean it.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Try using contact cleaner made for cleaning switches, terminals, etc. won't harm electronics. Spray it on the components and then blow it off with canned air. Check for it at Home Depot.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
I would use electrical
Contact cleaner.. Spray it on the Joystick it will work its way down the move the stock all around and then Blow it out with an air compressor.. Or compressed air..

Be carful what you use.. Make sure the cleaner is for small electrical components only! Iv seen some cleaners actually melt plastic..

If this worries you then watch a YouTube video of how the controller comes apart, take it apart and from there you can see the whole bottom of the joystick.. It's suppose to have a light coating of grease to help the joysticks glide nicely and smoothly, you can then clean it from there ( being able to get to all the sticky Soda from underneath) then take some clear dialectic grease and put it back on all the components of the joystick that make contact when moved.. This will help there be less friction thus giving you back a smooth and free joystick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonof40
Take your time and photos if you need them to assist with reassembly. The only satisfactory way to fix this is to disassemble and clean whatever you managed to get coke on properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj