Spinnaker Tower?

Reaction score
Quick question.

I want to use point if interest on the spinnaker tower. Obviously, to set POI I have to be above it, no? So how would one go about setting the location if I cannot go above the tower, as its higher than 400ft?

Actually it's 558' (170m). Might not be good to fly that high in a populated area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i'm surprised its not a no-fly-zone anyway being so close to a naval base

Hardly doubt it's news worthy.

Why don't you be helpful and offer an alternative or technique on how to manually orbit?
Oh I'm sure it'd be a headline on BBC South Today "A Man (presuming you are a man) was arrested today, for crashing his drone into the Spinnaker whilst trying to film it. It hit the side of the tower, before falling to the ground from 400 feet, narrowly missing a mother and her 4 year old daughter who'd been out for a days shopping in Gunwhalf Quays...."
I could help, but I'll pass thanks all the same....

Oh I'm sure it'd be a headline on BBC South Today "A Man (presuming you are a man) was arrested today, for crashing his drone into the Spinnaker whilst trying to film it. It hit the side of the tower, before falling to the ground from 400 feet, narrowly missing a mother and her 4 year old daughter who'd been out for a days shopping in Gunwhalf Quays...."
I could help, but I'll pass thanks all the same....

Wouldn't be flying that close to the tower, as I went to get it all in the shot, it'll be above water. So fairly inaccurate. You should work for the daily fail.

Wouldn't be flying that close to the tower, as I went to get it all in the shot, it'll be above water. So fairly inaccurate. You should work for the daily fail.
Awww, thanks! Seriously, given you want a POI around the tower, you'd have to be flying 600+ feet above the shopping centre too. All you need is a prop failure and....?

Awww, thanks! Seriously, given you want a POI around the tower, you'd have to be flying 600+ feet above the shopping centre too. All you need is a prop failure and....?
And it'll land on the roof and affect absolutely nobody but myself?

Not sure what makes you think I'd need to be 600ft above shopping centre?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl