Spektrum TX with Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Let me start off that I'm new to this hobby and don't know very much but I'm very eager to learn.

I purchased a Phantom 2 several months ago and love it. I also recently purchased a Spektrum DX9 TX. I would like to use it with the Phantom 2. I noticed many people who were using Spektrum TXs were using a Spektrum AR8000 receiver. After a lot of reading I read that the Spektrum AR8000, only works on the Phantom 1 and there were firmware issues that prevented it from working with the Phantom 2…

Anyways, I read the “Orange RX R800X” RX is “Spektrum compatible” and has S.BUS out and will work with a Spektrum Transmitter. I read on several sites that this RX will work on a Phantom 2 using a Spektrum TX.

First, I would like to know if this is true.
Second, If it is true, is there are any help guides and or setup tips I could read (or watch) that will show me how to hook up the receiver properly as well as how to configure the radio?

I don’t know which RX channel to hook to the Naza’s D, Aux 1 and Aux 2 channels. I know trim settings and end points etc have to be set on the TX so the Phantom can switch between flight modes, IOC and also go into Failsafe when the signal is lost. This is all new to me but I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

My goal is to set up my DX9 TX like the stock Phantom TX. I want the IOC Modes on the top left 3 position switch and the GPS/ATTI/ATTI Modes on the top right 3 position switch. If possible, I would like the Throttle Hold Switch to activate "Return to Home". I have played around with the NAZA Assistant and I’m familiar with it and know how to trouble shoot things to see if the switches work properly. It’s the RX channel hooks ups and the TX settings that have me confused…

I have been researching this for weeks and any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4