Spektrum DX8 AR8000 TM1000 Naza M V2 Setup

Reaction score
I wanted to put together a detailed post covering the information I learned and the setup I achieved using my Spektrum DX8 with AR8000 TM1000 components.
I'll list out the steps and settings to achieve Failsafe Binding to the Naza so that Failsafe mode will be initiated should your transmitter shut off or your receiver lose connection.
This took me an evening or two of trial and error and I hope this can save a few people the learning curve that I had to go through.

I go through the bind process twice because you have to bind the receiver originally in order to setup the correct transmitter outputs for Naza to work. If you already have a working bind for your DX8 and AR8000 then you can start with step #6 but will then be referred back to steps 1 through 5 for the Preset Failsafe binding.

How To Bind a DX8 to an AR8000 with TM1000 with a Preset Failsafe
(things to remember: take off your props, release the bind button on TM1000 BEFORE turning on and binding DX8)
(If you do NOT have a TM1000 then use a BIND PLUG in the Bind port on the AR8000 and follow the same instructions. Pressing the TM1000 button = inserting the bind plug, releasing the TM1000 button = removing the bind plug)

1. Press and hold the bind button on the side of the TM1000 using the provided tool or similar device.
2. Plug in the battery and you should get an orange blinking light on the AR8000, AR8000 Satellite and the TM1000
3. Release the bind button on the side of the TM1000
4. With DX8 turned off, press and hold the black bind button on the top and turn the receiver on. When you see the word BINDING appear on the screen you can let go of the bind button. (There needs to be a few feet of distance between the DX8 and AR8000 or the binding will NOT work. Do not try to do this while everything is sitting next to each other on a table top.)
5. When everything has binded correctly, you will see a solid orange light on the AR8000 and Satellite. Turn off your receiver and this light will go off. Turn on your receiver and verify that the solid orange light comes back on. You have now successfully binded your DX8 and AR8000.
6. In Naza Assistant, we need to modify our Servo Setup for Pitch/Aux1 (If your model is set to Heli it will say PITCH, if you chose airplane it will say Aux1). I'm using the F Mode switch on the DX8 to control the 3 flight modes of GPS, ATTI & Manual/Failsafe. What we want to do is reduce the percentage of the Servo output while our F Mode switch is in Position 0 so that it falls in the range of Failsafe in Naza Assistant. Remember the current setting because we will undo this modification in step 8.
7. Turn your radio off, leaving all switches in the current position. Go through steps 1 through 5 again and this will now set your Preset Failsafe output on the Aux1 channel to correspond to a Failsafe mode in Naza.
8. Go back to the Servo Setup and reset your percentage for F Mode 0 to what it was before.
9. Flip the F Mode switch to the different positions 0, 1 & 2 and verify in Naza Assistant that the GPS, ATTI and Manual/ATTI/Failsafe modes are being correctly selected.
10. Turn off your receiver and verify in Naza Assistant that Failsafe is selected. All done!

I hope this helps!

Great assist. Thanks!!

I have a few questions if you could assist me with.

On my DX8 here's how I have mine setup:

Flap/Gyro - controls my GPS, GPS ATTI, Failsafe
Aux 2 - controls my Off, Course Lock, Home Lock

I've also noticed that the "Mix/Hold" lever on the right side move my "Flap/Gyro" level settings from GPS to Failsafe. I've tried to change that in the "Switches Control" but no luck. It will not let me do anything for the "Mix/Hold" lever. Am I missing something? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31