Spectrum Analyser

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im UK based and taking my flight assessment next week. Im looking for a spectrum analyser. The only thing is I have no idea which one to get. Is the RF explorer 2.4ghz sufficient or do I need something else.

I will be using the P3A to take my assessment with.

Any help you guys can give would be great!

Hi. if I might ask as to why you want one? If it's a wifi analyser you are looking for , there are plenty of free apps availabe for all platforms

:)

They say it is good practice to perform a spectrum analysis to make sure that there is no other potential radio interference.

The assessment? is it for a commercial permit/licence in the UK? The RF explorer is quite pricey and I am not sure that it is necessary. That sort of kit looks at the entire 2.4GHz band and wifi is just a small part of that.

I think you would be better off with 1 of the free apps on your phone/tablet for the wifi analysis.

Yes its for my PfCO. Im doing my course through Resource Group. I saw the RF explorer is pretty expensive so was thinking if there is an alternative. I'll look into the wifi analysis apps.

Reactions: Philltayl
Yes its for my PfCO. Im doing my course through Resource Group. I saw the RF explorer is pretty expensive so was thinking if there is an alternative. I'll look into the wifi analysis apps.

Use the cash saved to buy yourself another P3A battery :)

I just use the Keuwlsoft one on an android device.

Sorry to butt in, looking for decent trainers, what is Resource Group like?

Was it the online course?

Thanks
Rogues

Sorry to butt in, looking for decent trainers, what is Resource Group like?

Was it the online course?

Thanks
Rogues
I used Flyby for my course. Excellent training by experienced commercial pilot examiner.. So much knowledge and insight into working with other pilots and ATC. You don't need a spectrum analyser for the test. Still to sit the flying test due to heavy snow on day of the flight exam. Exam passed though.!

Reactions: dayviduk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl