Special needs dude SWATS my QUAD !

Reaction score
I though you might enjoy this one. http://youtu.be/g7TMNSbGOTM I was flying in one of my "unpopulated" areas buzzing two police SUVs when an unknown special needs dude jumped up and swatted my quad. No one knew him or that he was "special" but we did after that!

On another note, about one minute earlier, there was a father and his two year old standing in the same spot that the quad strikes the ground! They were admiring the quad flying about 50 feet above and had just walked off the scene. Thank God!

I'd be pissed, but I have to say that I got a chuckle out of that.

So odd that he's just standing around watching with you guys then.... wham!

LOL...did you see my mouth in the freeze frame? I was like....WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

That dude jumped about two feet off the ground to swat that thing. If you look at the slow mo replay you can see that the Phantom actually rotated 90 degrees and then recovered by itself in a split second and hit on its landing gear instead of it's "arms". Believe me, it wasn't my fast reaction that saved it. It was it's own gyro and other guts inside of there!

ReubalSky said:
I'd be pissed, but I have to say that I got a chuckle out of that.

So odd that he's just standing around watching with you guys then.... wham!

Reactions: 750r
Maybe it's just me, but you could kinda tell by his face that he was special. Seemed a little afraid of it at first too. haha When we take the dogs out to play, my black lab doesn't care the P3, but my mom's beagle hides behind me and watches it closely.

Reactions: 750r
My two boxer dogs have no problem with my drone apart from it would be something great to play with if they could jump high enough to swat it down, however, every boxer that I have owned are very uneasy around anyone with special needs. I am not being unkind here, but how do they know?

Maybe it's just me, but you could kinda tell by his face that he was special. Seemed a little afraid of it at first too. haha When we take the dogs out to play, my black lab doesn't care the P3, but my mom's beagle hides behind me and watches it closely.
No not just you . You could tell just the way he was acting standing there he's not playing with a full deck o_O
OP did you post this awhile ago I've seen this before ?

I heard that special needs guy has been stationed at the White House as a Drone Countermeasures Special Agent. Not sure if it's true.

Reactions: IflyinWY and tcope
Clipper...too funny!! At first, I was thinking if you flew it up to me and my friends like that (without asking) I'd be a little irritated, too. Then I realized you were right next to him. Call it a lucky day. Whew!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav