Spark Available for Pre-Order

I ordered the Meadow Green Fly More Combo. Should be fun for family trips where I wouldn't lug the phantom. Hope it makes it in time!

With higher autonomy and a 3-axis gimbal the Spark would have been something great...

For now its just a very expensive toy :(... 800 euros in Europe...

I hope that in the future they will be able to pull out a 300 g drone with 25 minutes of autonomy and a real gimbal.

Is it just me? I paid $499 CDN for a P3S (that's about 12 cents US), granted it was on sale from the regular $679, and the Spark is selling for $499 but marketed to selfie takers? How many selfie takers will want a $500 selfie stick?

I get it and I'm exaggerating... some will love it for its portability, and some may choose it over the Mavic for price point alone... but still. That ain't cheap.

Is it just me? I paid $499 CDN for a P3S (that's about 12 cents US), granted it was on sale from the regular $679, and the Spark is selling for $499 but marketed to selfie takers? How many selfie takers will want a $500 selfie stick?

This is an entirely different audience than the phantoms or mavics. Potentially millions of people will purchase a $500 selfie stick when they see their less-techie friends on FB doing it. After all, its only 100 days of lattes...

This is an entirely different audience than the phantoms or mavics. Potentially millions of people will purchase a $500 selfie stick when they see their less-techie friends on FB doing it. After all, its only 100 days of lattes...

You're assuming they can give up 100 lattes... that's extreme...

This is just me but the spark looks like it is for teens or young adults. The phantoms feel more like for people that wants to experience what it's like to fly a machine up to 4 miles.

I Pre ordered this morning. The reviews all give the spark high praise for its ease of use and the ability to get airborne super quick. This drone is so small I can keep it in my glove box and have access with it wherever I go and the batteries can be charged via an android cable. The only downsides compared to the mavic I see are battery life, a small difference in top speed, 4K vs 1080p and range but the latter two are irrelevant to me because I rarely fly beyond 1500m and I don't own a 4K display.

I think this thing will sell for sure. Those are excellent points and ones that would've made me consider one if I didn't have a P3S, mostly for the portability.

But I'm happy with my Phantom and I don't need another drone.

I think the Spark will be used for more than just selfie's. It will be very adequate for shooting
real estate as it won't draw much attention and you can fly it easily indoors as well. For me this is a perfect multi-rotor to have in the glove box of my car to knock around at lunch time. Something I can not do with my P4. I ordered the green fly more combo this morning.

I might order one and eBay it for profit when they are out of stock and backordered.[emoji6]

DJI says ships in June. So in DJI speak, it should be shipping around October or November.

I think this thing will sell for sure. Those are excellent points and ones that would've made me consider one if I didn't have a P3S, mostly for the portability.

But I'm happy with my Phantom and I don't need another drone.
Same here with the difference that I am thinking in upgrading my standard to an advanced or Professional. The price are getting cheaper!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.