spare vision+ what to do with it ?

Reaction score
i have a complete spare vision+ without camera and cant make up my mind what to do with it so im looking for options or ideas
camera has gone completely so no repair option but also means i have no telemetry when/if i use it

what would you do with it ?

rob

Send it to me, ;) I could use it as a practice drone. :lol:

I've got the opposite problem. A spare camera! Send it to me. I'll play with it for half a year and send it back to you for the other half (provided I don't smash it into a tree or something)!

shame the plus version camera doesn't fit the non plus, i would consider buying it from you.

I trashed my quad but the gimbal and camera are good. I would offer to buy it if I wasn't shipping my quad to dji on monday.

robsquad said:
i have a complete spare vision+ without camera and cant make up my mind what to do with it so im looking for options or ideas
camera has gone completely so no repair option but also means i have no telemetry when/if i use it

rob

Disassemble it, buy a couple more motors and ESC's and build a FW 550.

Add a H3-3D gimbal and gopro to it. I completed my upgrade yesterday. I still have ffull telemetry, FPV through the DJi app and gimbal tilt control.

I say keep it and use it to practice flying or for the (possible) day you damage your other bird but have an intact camera/gimbal. If you want to spend for a new H3-3D gimbal, that's another thing. But using it for VFR flying can be a lot of fun, too.

jimandsue60 said:
robsquad said:

rob

Interesting.

Didn't think the Phantom Naza would allow reconfiguring to a 'hexi'. :?

N017RW said:
jimandsue60 said:
robsquad said:

rob

Interesting.

I just saw somewhere someone has found a way to reconfigure the Phantom Naza for use with a hex. I will try to find it again.

N017RW said:
jimandsue60 said:
robsquad said:

rob

Interesting.

It appears that it is possible. http://naza-upgrade.com http://www.minimultirotorforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=316

That mod, if I understand it, is to convert a Naza-M lite to Naza-M V2 functionality.

Coverting a Phantom Naza-M V2 to a non-Phantom is a different 'trick'.
(The Phantom's Naza actually has Phantom written on it to differentiate them.)

I have yet to hear of that being done.

N017RW said:
That mod, if I understand it, is to convert a Naza-M lite to Naza-M V2 functionality.

Coverting a Phantom Naza-M V2 to a non-Phantom is a different 'trick'.
(The Phantom's Naza actually has Phantom written on it to differentiate them.)

I have yet to hear of that being done.

Gotcha, I did not realize there are 4 different naza's out there. The OP could build a 450 out of the parts for something different or would the battery become an issue?

There are some battery 'hacks' out there but from what I've seen it's mostly using the "smart' electronics with aftermarket LiPos.

Not really a sustainable workaround as there is a cycle limit programmed into it/them (300).

The proprietary battery is just another reason the Phantom P2 is my first and last DJI RTF anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20