Spare retail box to sell?

Where are you located? Maybe I near by member can save you some $$ on shipping costs

I would feel silly, shipping anyone an empty box, and the border gaurds at the customs office would surely be very suspicious when they ran it through the X-ray machine. So I would stuff it with a few old wool sweaters and perhaps a couple of company baseball caps. ;-)
Rub some raw meat in there too, & give them sniffer dogs something to think about... Haha

RedHotPoker

I just purchased one of the first phantom 3 professionals that I believe was bought at A UAV show. It came with one of the rolling cases that they sell at Drone world, it doesn't have Drone world written on it, but it does have Phantom 3 written across with top of the case with a phantom Quadcopter logo in the middle that looks really nice. Since it came in this case I didn't get a box. Both batteries had only been charged a few times. One 3 times the other 4!! Both batteries show 100% battery life. The receiver has those crazy directional stickers installed perfectly like someone actually needed to look at them to know what to do with the sticks or something?!? Crazy??? It also hadn't been updated since April of 2015, and was in immaculate condition!! It feels a little heavy, but it flies like a dream!! As a matter of fact I've been trying not to fly this one until I can find out the model number as far as if this was one of the first hundred, or thousand made?? The person selling it to me had no idea how to fly it except they had a very good rating on eBay, and we're selling artwork for up to $10,000. The add said what you see is what you get, it also said barely used, and I just had a feeling to bid on it. They didn't take pictures of any of the important things just a picture of it inside of the carrying case and a picture of it pulled out with a close up of the front showing the camera with the yellow rubber lens cap. Also noticed that it had the really loose clear Gimbel, and camera protectors like I saw in one of the earlier April 2015 Utube videos. I feel sure they had it sitting in a room somewhere inside of this office building where they took the pictures, and someone probably just said put that thing on eBay, and get rid of. It even had a Galaxy Tab included, and from watching the first video on updating back in April of 2015 the guy said that DJI originally designed the phantom to work with Android NOT Apple. What really got me going was when he put his tablet in the holder it was the same one that came with my p3 Pro. The guy even mentioned that the Samsung Galaxy Tab was recommended, but DJI would have more available very soon. I know this isn't the right place to bring this up, and I apologize, but I couldn't help, but notice when you mentioned the numbers located on the box I thought one of you guys might possibly have an idea of where I could locate the number that would let me know how far away from the first phantom 3 pro this one was made???? I have a lot of RC experience, but I'm relatively new to the phantoms due to being Consumed the past 4 years following a Death in my family. I was a member of the AMA at 8 years old, and a member of the Congeree flyers that mostly consisted of retired men that were ex military, and had pilot licenses for at least single engine aircraft. This was back when the Futaba receivers were made out of real metal with a tan paint job. My Girlfriend tried to give me something to get my mind off the sad stuff by getting me a phantom 3 standard she saw on Pinterest a month before Christmas. Every since then I have become obsessed with purchasing a professional, and now I'm scared to fly it because it could possibly be worth more than a new Phantom 4 from a particular article I read. There is no doubt about it this was definitely one of the first ones off the assembly line in immaculate condition!! All of the numbers located at the battery compartment, Gimble plate, side of the shell, and the batteries are all completely legible, and the stickers still look like brand new. By the way everyone seems to think that the motors don't make that much of a difference, but although the professional is heavier than the standard it is at least 7 to 8 miles per hour faster, and climbs almost twice as fast with the cold weather latest firmware update. Any advice, or help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:
As a thought, I don't remember where you can find the serial numbers for the gimbal, lightbridge, & camera that are on your original box if you were to get rid of your original box. Because obtaining a different box the numbers on that box wouldn't match your Phantom if you needed those numbers for repair.
I sent my P3P in for warranty repair and they sent it back to me in a different persons P3P box

I would feel silly, shipping anyone an empty box, and the border gaurds at the customs office would surely be very suspicious when they ran it through the X-ray machine. So I would stuff it with a few old wool sweaters and perhaps a couple of company baseball caps. ;-)
Rub some raw meat in there too, & give them sniffer dogs something to think about... Haha

RedHotPoker
Hahaha...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just purchased one of the first phantom 3 professionals that I believe was bought at A UAV show. It came with one of the rolling cases that they sell at Drone world, it doesn't have Drone world written on it, but it does have Phantom 3 written across with top of the case with a phantom Quadcopter logo in the middle that looks really nice. Since it came in this case I didn't get a box. Both batteries had only been charged a few times. One 3 times the other 4!! Both batteries show 100% battery life. The receiver has those crazy directional stickers installed perfectly like someone actually needed to look at them to know what to do with the sticks or something?!? Crazy??? It also hadn't been updated since April of 2015, and was in immaculate condition!! It feels a little heavy, but it flies like a dream!! As a matter of fact I've been trying not to fly this one until I can find out the model number as far as if this was one of the first hundred, or thousand made?? The person selling it to me had no idea how to fly it except they had a very good rating on eBay, and we're selling artwork for up to $10,000. The add said what you see is what you get, it also said barely used, and I just had a feeling to bid on it. They didn't take pictures of any of the important things just a picture of it inside of the carrying case and a picture of it pulled out with a close up of the front showing the camera with the yellow rubber lens cap. Also noticed that it had the really loose clear Gimbel, and camera protectors like I saw in one of the earlier April 2015 Utube videos. I feel sure they had it sitting in a room somewhere inside of this office building where they took the pictures, and someone probably just said put that thing on eBay, and get rid of. It even had a Galaxy Tab included, and from watching the first video on updating back in April of 2015 the guy said that DJI originally designed the phantom to work with Android NOT Apple. What really got me going was when he put his tablet in the holder it was the same one that came with my p3 Pro. The guy even mentioned that the Samsung Galaxy Tab was recommended, but DJI would have more available very soon. I know this isn't the right place to bring this up, and I apologize, but I couldn't help, but notice when you mentioned the numbers located on the box I thought one of you guys might possibly have an idea of where I could locate the number that would let me know how far away from the first phantom 3 pro this one was made???? I have a lot of RC experience, but I'm relatively new to the phantoms due to being Consumed the past 4 years following a Death in my family. I was a member of the AMA at 8 years old, and a member of the Congeree flyers that mostly consisted of retired men that were ex military, and had pilot licenses for at least single engine aircraft. This was back when the Futaba receivers were made out of real metal with a tan paint job. My Girlfriend tried to give me something to get my mind off the sad stuff by getting me a phantom 3 standard she saw on Pinterest a month before Christmas. Every since then I have become obsessed with purchasing a professional, and now I'm scared to fly it because it could possibly be worth more than a new Phantom 4 from a particular article I read. There is no doubt about it this was definitely one of the first ones off the assembly line in immaculate condition!! All of the numbers located at the battery compartment, Gimble plate, side of the shell, and the batteries are all completely legible, and the stickers still look like brand new. By the way everyone seems to think that the motors don't make that much of a difference, but although the professional is heavier than the standard it is at least 7 to 8 miles per hour faster, and climbs almost twice as fast with the cold weather latest firmware update. Any advice, or help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!!!

I'm not sure you intended to post this on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Dusty, you're not likely to ever need the box. The important part of it is gone anyway: the serial numbers, etc. Just kiss your wife and buy the silly parts you want. "Don't sweat the small stuff."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20