Spare Parts - legs and body shell

Reaction score
Anybody know if
the legs on the Phantom NON Vision the same as Vision ?
the body shells the same

Regards
Martin

MStacey said:
Anybody know if
the legs on the Phantom NON Vision the same as Vision ?
the body shells the same

Yes they are Martin
:)

Thanks.

Off to order the same as I plan a custom paint job :D

Nice!

I had to order a new shell and legs recently after making the mistake of using threadlock.... :shock: The P2V stuff was just fine. What sort of paint are you planning on using?

Thought I would try Hornby model paint, either enamel or acrylic . I'll start with a test on a set of legs as in the whole scheme of things they are relatively cheap.

Happy to receive other suggestions or coments,

What thread lock should I use when putting it all back together ?

Regards
Martin

MStacey said:
Thought I would try Hornby model paint, either enamel or acrylic .

I wouldn't recommend paint unless it is high quality automotive grade paint and even then, I still wouldn't really recommend paint because it probably won't be durable enough and it will add significant weight. Since the Phantom shells are white, depending on why you want to paint it, dye might be a better route. If you haven't checked into plastic dyes, I would suggest you check that out and see what you think.

What thread lock should I use when putting it all back together ?

I don’t actually think threadlock is required for the majority of screws. The little blue threadlock that’s already on the screws is enough for several removal and refittings.

After learning the hard way and having to replace the original shell and legs, I purchased a couple of replacement screw packs for a few quid each (lots of the DJI spares suppliers have them). Now when I feel there isn’t enough threadlock left on a screw, I just replace it for a brand new one that has the threadlock pre-applied. I don’t think the P2 plastic is up to any additional threadlock application.

I would also say that as part of pre-flight checks it’s good practice to just give the screws a quick visual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.