Spare motors?

Reaction score
Does anyone actually keep some spare motors on hand just in case? What's the life expectancy of the motors? I would imagine if one stopped working due to age you're probably smart to just replace all of them at that point...

Scottrod said:
Does anyone actually keep some spare motors on hand just in case? What's the life expectancy of the motors? I would imagine if one stopped working due to age you're probably smart to just replace all of them at that point...
+1

Scottrod said:

A lot of the dealers carry spare parts. Spare motors wouldn't be hard to get. I imagine that the little motors will have a deceit life span any way, however. I still have RC cars from the 80's that work.

Im ashamed to say it but I bought 2 just because my go pro case has two spots for them :) :lol:

Haha nice. I mean over time I would think the motors lose power too. I only delt with brush motors back in my RC days though.

Due to the good availability and selection of motors in the market, I'm not buying spares when I just have my PV for 2+ months.

And if I still have my PV in about a year time, and it still flies, I will probably replace all of them together and may keep the old one as emergency spares.

Moreover, motor replacement cannot be done in the field... well, I guess you can if you have a place to disassemble your Phantom and unsolder\solder everything.... and if a motor breaks down during flight, you might want to do further checks (IMU recalibration, etc) than just quickly replace the motor and do another flight.
(+ see your therapist to calm you down :mrgreen: )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub