Soybeans!

Reaction score
So I tried Follow Me using my car (with my wife driving).

Using the Follow Me default settings, I put the P3 to about 150 ft so I could see it in the sky. We then drove around the neighborhood and it worked like a charm.

I then had my wife turn onto a main 2 lane road and we kept it slow for the P3 to catch up. All was well until I got a message that said something like GPS signal lost and I noticed on my iPhone that the P3 was just hovering in place. So we drove down the road to find a place to turn around and then the controller lost the signal. We turned around and headed back, but, no signal! I then noticed that the P3 was not to be seen. So we pulled off the road and I loaded up the Trackimo app. Trackimo showed it about 100 ft away, right in the middle of a soybean field!

So after wading through a knee high soybean field (dodging fire ant mounds left and right), I found my P3 undamaged.

We went home and watched the video. It looks like as soon as the P3 lost signal, it just landed where it was hovering at, which was above a soybean field.

I'm sure being in the car inhibited the signal somewhat or else I would not of lost signal.

Really sorry to hear this. This is why I am not a fan of DJI's implementation of Emergency procedures. What kind of damage did you have, if any?

The p3 has a small problem when in the F Mode and or the low battery return home will not work it will just land at the point it is at ...It may do the same thing with loss of signal .....So to all That are flying in F Mode keep your eye on battery make sure you don't let it get to low and to battery warning. or it will land where it is at could be over water or a place that will not be a good spot to land

How far were you when you lost signal....I'm assuming being in a car limits the range, but by how much?

He said none..yippee

So hovers waits desides safe thing to do land. Ouch if it was over a hwy. I guess home was set to the device. Maybe you should have well no silly if GPS was lost it would not find you. Maybe hover and land in this case was a good thing.

But wait? If you set the home point to a safe location near you route it would have went to it, as the bird still has GPS knowledge... Well that's how it should be.

Interesting
OK so twas iPhone that killed the beast...
I read some guys in the what's the best device thread talking about turning off enhanced GPS crap. I don't have an iPhone so lost for more...check that out...

Glad all is good.... And I think follow me albeit works, it's not really a bright thing to do on public roads huh?

Last edited:
No damage. Flies fine.

As I said, I flew with default Follow Me settings. There may be other settings but since I couldn't access them unless I was in the air, I'm not sure what they were. Perhaps one of the settings will send it back to home point when signal is lost.

The GPS signal loss (which made it hover) was less than 1/4 mile but like I said I was inside the car which probably impeded signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik