Sovereign Harbour, UK - my first go!

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/jc1TZ3f2erE

So I got a Phantom 2 Vision on Friday night and Saturday had good weather, so I hope you enjoy my first effort! :)

Some lessons were learned too; remember to calibrate the compass out of the box before activating return to home mode to see if it works (cost me 2 props) :oops:

Try not to land it like a plane (2 more props) although I swear I was losing altitude in this one which if correct I did well to get it closer to home and over better ground

Using a picnic rug to take-off and land gives passers by an indication that "spot" is taken and it protects your props a bit from very hard ground if you tip (I did and only damaged the rug, better than when I did same on stones and broke 2 props)

But also, 1080p 30fps just didn't work for me at all, in iMovie it was the jerkiest motion I can recall seeing. In contrast the 60fps 720p was silky smooth, so that's what I used for this video.

Also - oh dear I think a 2 axis gimbal will be on the cards one day, I can already see the potential.

Pretty good for literally your first time, well done! Worrying addictive, isn't it?!

(Compass and return to home are not directly linked. You should always calibrate the compass on your very first flight at least, after that you're either in the "do it every flight" school or the "do it when needed" school. For RTH to work you need to make sure the aircraft has enough time before take-off to get a good satellite lock and remember where its home position is.

To prevent tip-overs cut the motors by holding the throttle fully down for a couple of seconds, rather than using the CSC.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4