Southern Virginia

Yes, been following meg's youtube posts.
Just inspires me to follow her/his footsteps.
Hope you don't mind-megp

Southern end of Suffolk here flying P3S

hi everyone..... new to droning ..... looking to meet up with some of you that get together an fly if u have a time and place u r putting together i would be interested in joining in..... thank u

I'll be at little creek naval base next weekend. Would love to fly on the beaches down by ft story but I know I can't.

Hey guys.
Glad that more are showing interest in meeting-up.
with regrets - currently on travel. be back mid-feb.
Hope to see all of you then.

Have y'all check out the new FAA app it's called b4ufly. Everything in Hampton roads area is within a 5 mile radius of some sort. Even me being way out in Suffolk it says I'm close to a farmers crop duster airstrip and I must contact the airfield owner before flight
image.png image.png image.png

Hi I'm new to the forum. Just received a Phantom 3 standard for my business to take aerial photos of our projects. I'm in the Chesapeake area and noticing that it's almost impossible to fly now with the new restrictions. I have the beta app with the GeoFence so it does work to get temporary approval but it's a pain to do it every 3 days!

Which beta app do you have?

It's the Android beta DJ Go 2.44

I am an IOS guy but had the issue every small airstrip or helipad was causing a No Fly signal. So bought a cheap tablet and used the geofence feature which then allowed me to take flight. I look today on my iPhone the Go App was Just updated due to No Fly Zone issues. So I tried again on my iPhone with normal app and it's fixed no issues. Only shows major airports as a No Fly Zone now not small regional strips

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

there going to find a way to ground everyone one way or another if they caint stop sales in the usa..... the remote control airplane and helicopters never had this issue for all these years.....

question.... is anyonr interested in filming a sailboat blessing of the fleet in may ?.... there wont be any payment availible but the yacht club is having a big party that u would be welcome to attend with food and beverages.... if u think u would like to check it out just let me know and i will give u the details.....

Is anyone getting any snow today? I am looking forward to filming with some solid snow cover! Hopefully soon this winter

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just tiny ice pellets on Little Creek Naval base right now. No solid snow for here. Next Saturday there calling for 1-3" for the area.
image.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20