Southern Virginia

Guy, it was an awesome day meeting you with the same passion flying these quads. This will not be the last meet-up for sure. How about Bharris picks the next venue?

Hard to believe, I was bored and wandered into this group, and this thread was at the top of the list! I live in Suffolk, close to Obici. I have a Phantom 2 that about as tricked out as it gets, and I recently bought an "as is" P3 on ebay that was in pretty good shape, and I fixed it up as well. I also had my first P2 fly away back in April. I could give a general direction it took off to, but it had a full battery, so I gave up on finding it long ago.

Glad to hear there are others in the area. I am pretty good with electronics and mechanical stuff, and I've been toying with the idea of perhaps repairing these things for a small flat fee. I think I actually enjoy working on them as much or maybe even more than flying them. I have a 3D printer, so I could print up some of the things that you may have seen floating around online.

Just reply back with info on when any of you guys would like to meet up again. Look forward to it.

Sounds great, just post the info here. I follow this thread, so I will get notification. Thanks.

Great to see you guys on Saturday. I am uploading my formation flight video with some flight data overlays. It will be available at this URL:
Let's do this again soon!
--H

Hard to believe, I was bored and wandered into this group, and this thread was at the top of the list! I live in Suffolk, close to Obici. I have a Phantom 2 that about as tricked out as it gets, and I recently bought an "as is" P3 on ebay that was in pretty good shape, and I fixed it up as well. I also had my first P2 fly away back in April. I could give a general direction it took off to, but it had a full battery, so I gave up on finding it long ago.

Glad to hear there are others in the area. I am pretty good with electronics and mechanical stuff, and I've been toying with the idea of perhaps repairing these things for a small flat fee. I think I actually enjoy working on them as much or maybe even more than flying them. I have a 3D printer, so I could print up some of the things that you may have seen floating around online.

Just reply back with info on when any of you guys would like to meet up again. Look forward to it.

-------------

Dmiles:

I live in Chesapeake and have just got over mourning the loss of my P2V+ (upgraded to stage 3 fpvlr). 55 mph impact into wet mud following an in-flight failure. Aircraft electronics are a total loss (water intrusion/corrosion) but the aircraft shell/landing gear are totally intact. I have three remaining P2V+ batteries (2 of them are practically brand new 95%+) with a charger, a modded controller, and all the antennas for the fpvlr kit (including the bird-side). Anyway, what I'm getting at is: If you are interested in parts, I'd like to sell what I've got. Attached is a pre-crash picture. Please PM me and we can exchange emails to discuss.
--hblink93
20150907_153757.jpg

Love to meet up. I live in Western Branch, fly at Bennett's creek park
View attachment 34882

Sounds good. Art and I were just talking about a nrw location this weekend so that would be cool if you think its a good spot. 4 or 5 Phantoms in one spot could be awesome. Been really busy lately but I'll be uploading some of the aerial footage from our last 3 person phantom meet up before. A4 or 5 phantom point of interest circle of awesomeness would be cool too!

Very Nice immrbt.
It's just getting better and better.
Please send me the link where were meeting this Saturday.
BTW, Sat's WX looks bleak. In case I don't make that date, I'm proposing we all hover this Veteran's Day. You guys pick the place and time and I'll try my best to be there.

A mixup from the other day. Watch the almost crash in the beginning

Hey hblink93,
I just noticed you're logged-in today in this group.
Have not heard from anyone last Saturday.
Did you guys meet?
I believe there will be a break on the weather tomorrow. Hoping you can all join me.
I will be doing some fine tuning at oak brook park in Chesapeake tomorrow @ 8am.

I figured the weather was why no one posted for this past weekend. Unfortunately I don't get Veterans day off, so I won't be able to make it tomorrow morning. Good luck and have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik