South Florida

Trying to keep this thread going-- New Phantom 2 owner, Ft. Lauderdale/ Wilton Manors area. REALLY would like to meet up with more experienced (even slightly) pilots then me. I set everything up, including the Vision app, everything seems to check out on the ground. I'm just scared to fly it without some coaching first and I don't know anyone with one of these beautiful machines! :eek:

garpt at live.com, or P.M.

Thanks!

I really don't, yet as I mentioned above. I've played a bit in my backyard a few feet off the ground and landings, but haven't gotten the nerve to go to Markham or any of the parks yet. It's all for fun. Thanks.

I live in south Miami - had to ship my P3P back for repairs.

I would love to join you when you fly - I still have a lot to learn

Reactions: garpt
Ben-
Let me know when it's back- If you've flown yours enough to crash, you are already ahead of me! ;)
I know there is an active group over in Markham Park near me, if you know of anything down your end I'm in.

New Phantom 3 pro pilot in W. Hollywood / E. Pembroke Pines area. I just got kicked out of Brian Piccolo park yesterday so I'm looking for interesting places to fly.
Yeap. the challenge is to find places to flight! Why were you kick out? Parks here at Weston say "No RC models allowed." And they consider our Phantom and RC model.

active group over in Markham Park near me
Garpt, is this group a RC models group? There is a huge one in Markham Park, or is this a Phantom pilots group?

I did not crash - I was told by DJI to send it in for repairs - that was more than a month ago. They can not provide me with any info re when I'll get it back.

I was told by a park groundskeeper to go to Vista View or Markham, but there are no postings at Brian Piccolo Park that I have seen saying you can't fly.

I was told by a park groundskeeper to go to Vista View or Markham, but there are no postings at Brian Piccolo Park that I have seen saying you can't fly.
Yes, Vista View and Markham have RC model specific locations. However, I think they have not understood that our phantom is not an RC model. I went to Vista View park, and in order to use their location, I had to get AMA license and Vista Park permit, total of $80. The location is great to practice and test the features of our phantom, but there is no excitement about video filming.

Why isn't your Phantom an r/c model?
In the context of the City Ordinance it most certainly is.

Why isn't your Phantom an r/c model?
Well, what I mean is that we should have less requirements when using a facility occasionally. I don’t have a RC plane nor an advanced RC helicopter, what I have is a Phantom 2 Vision plus ( a small quadcopter wth camera) which is very simple to pilot but I need an open space to test it and practice with it. I think this hobby is a recent new trend and it is not yet categorized in the current guidelines. I contacted the guys at Vista Park, and they told me to get all the permits. I did it and enjoy the park, but I am wondering if the rules should be the same for a complex RC plane and a simple to fly quadcopter. So, I need a AMA membership and the Vista View Flyers membership just to fly there a couple of times per month.

Thanks for the heads up about vista view. I won't waste my time there.
I am wondering if you have you found places to fly around Davie-Weston-Pembroke Pines?

Noob here! I am hooked!

New Phantom 3 Pro owner - Hobe Sound, Fl.

Anyone within a few miles with safe legal places to fly? Have Quad will fly... I mean drive to meet up and learn/enjoy flying. Any clubs in area?

I'm in East Fort Lauderdale with a P3P. I had the P2V+ but got rid of it last year after a few months, had way to many glitches.

Dave

Hey Wild Willy
I'm in Port Charlotte. Once I get my P3P out of the shop I like to get together, I'm brand-new to flying drones and would love all the advice I can get.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1