South Florida

Just ordered a custom Phantom 2 from DSLRPros. Delivery is 3 weeks out due to new upgrade of the Phantom 2 with new Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. We purchased with upgraded Futaba radios and FPV with iOSD.

We live in the West Palm Beach area and plan on practicing our flying skills at Dyer Park - RC Bush Pilots field.

Looking forward to meeting up with other Phantom pilots in the area.

BrentHG said:
Just ordered a custom Phantom 2 from DSLRPros. Delivery is 3 weeks out due to new upgrade of the Phantom 2 with new Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. We purchased with upgraded Futaba radios and FPV with iOSD.

We live in the West Palm Beach area and plan on practicing our flying skills at Dyer Park - RC Bush Pilots field.

OT ALERT:

Ugh. Another DSLRPros victim.

Lauderdale here, for the record, and I know at least three other people who paid $4,000+ for P1's with all the DSLRPROS "upgrades" as recently as two weeks ago. Those guys are crooks.

They've been clearing out their stock of P1s at that price for the past three months while the stock P2, which does everything their most expensive P1 "packages" with t lift motors (which add almost nothing except cost), carbon fiber props (which are only necessary to carry the three battery jury rigs they attach to get decent flying times), and Futawba radios (debatably unnecessary) will do. Even their FPV displays are overpriced.

If you're on here, that means you are interested in the hobby enough to do everything they are going to charge you a $1,000+ markup to do on your new P2 without their help. I hate meeting people who have used them and have gotten ripped off in the process unknowingly.

Find a local hobby shop who has everything on the shelf and will give you HONEST advice and pricing and will even provide assembly of all the components for much less than those other guys. There is one near me; PM me if you want their name.

BACK OT:

Would like to fly with anyone local so please feel free to PM if in the neighborhood.

Wind_Shear said:
BrentHG said:

OT ALERT:

Ugh. Another DSLRPros victim.

Lauderdale here, for the record, and I know at least three other people who paid $4,000+ for P1's with all the DSLRPROS "upgrades" as recently as two weeks ago. Those guys are crooks.

They've been clearing out their stock of P1s at that price for the past three months while the stock P2, which does everything their most expensive P1 "packages" with t lift motors (which add almost nothing except cost), carbon fiber props (which are only necessary to carry the three battery jury rigs they attach to get decent flying times), and Futawba radios (debatably unnecessary) will do. Even their FPV displays are overpriced.

If you're on here, that means you are interested in the hobby enough to do everything they are going to charge you a $1,000+ markup to do on your new P2 without their help. I hate meeting people who have used them and have gotten ripped off in the process unknowingly.

Find a local hobby shop who has everything on the shelf and will give you HONEST advice and pricing and will even provide assembly of all the components for much less than those other guys. There is one near me; PM me if you want their name.

BACK OT:

Would like to fly with anyone local so please feel free to PM if in the neighborhood.

Thanks for the input. We are newbies to this and need all the help we can get. Starting off with DSLRPros Ready-To-Fly kit to get started. So far they have been very helpful and quick response with our questions. SFSG...3 weeks away for delivery due to new Phantom 2 model with 3axis gimbal.

Flyers from South Florida

If you want to get together and fly let me know we have a couple of people that get together every weekend and fly different areas, this weekend we will be meeting in Stuart, at Sandsprit Park if insterested let me knob by PM

I'm in Pembroke Pines (Hollywood, FL) and am always looking for other guys to fly with.....
[email protected]

Phantom 2 (FPV)
Blade 350 QX
IdeaFly iFly4
X-Cam KongCopter
& other multi rotors~

I have only heard GOOD things about DSLRPros.com and especially their customer service. being a customer myself they are very adamant about answering questions however they could be a little more specific at times... I think everyone has a good and bad opinion of companies at some point or another, the real question is continuity. I bought the DSLRPRos "PRO-DP-P1" kit on 3/22/14 and a few days later realized the big changes being announced with the P2 and H3-3d. On 3/31/14 i called and they changed my order thankfully to the "Sundance-DP-P2" kit. also 2800$ I am still waiting delivery and just got word today they don't even have the new H3-3D gimbals in stock yet.
BUMMED big time about this.

Their product is on the steep side on pricy... but you also get what you pay for. As a profession filmmaker i find the 7"HD monitor and Long Range Futaba to be ESSENTIAL for video purposes!!! (i have flown other kits as i do not have mine yet)

My advise for BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE is to constantly be in contact with them and their work... ask questions send emails. call them.... whatever you got to do to get their attention. I know that if DSLRPros messes up my Phantom and i have to send it back after 1 flight they are definitely going to know who's it was... Call them for yourself and just ask them your questions... i do.

For the south Florida flyers, we should compile an e-mail list so we can contact each other directly via email with flying plans.

In Fort Lauderdale there are a series of canals I've been to that have a consistent population of manatees, I think it would be awesome to fly the canals and document them. The Everglades are another area that would be ideal to fly around without any problems at all.........if anyone is up for such filming (or similar)- let me know......

I'll begin the email list; (just type at instead of @ to avoid the spam bots)

steve at stevenunez.com

SteveNunez said:
I'm in Pembroke Pines (Hollywood, FL) and am always looking for other guys to fly with.....
[email protected]

Phantom 2 (FPV)
Blade 350 QX
IdeaFly iFly4
X-Cam KongCopter
& other multi rotors~
Hi I live in Davie and just getting into flying, we just got a s1ooo but still haven't got the nerves putting it up alone. lol
A few lessons would be nice but there are no schools for quadcoptors in FL.

Thanks' Avi,

Not to far from Davie here.

Avi, look familiar?
EDIT* seems like I can't embed the vid maybe cause it was my first post?

http://vimeo.com/92570328

It was a bit windy but the only chance I had to test out some of the fpv gear. Currently flying with a p2 but would like to see a s8 or s1000 up close :mrgreen:

Always up for some flying as long as the schedule permits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1