Sound when turning motors?

Reaction score
I've never noticed it before, but when I turn two of the motors by the prop, they make a noise when turning. I have no idea what the sound is, but I'm just wondering if it should be something I should be worried about. I can post a video if anyone thinks it might help. Just wondering if it is a known issue or not.
Thanks!

I've never noticed it before, but when I turn two of the motors by the prop, they make a noise when turning. I have no idea what the sound is, but I'm just wondering if it should be something I should be worried about. I can post a video if anyone thinks it might help. Just wondering if it is a known issue or not.
Thanks!

They should make a noise , but what kind of noise are you experiencing? Is it like some small clicks when turning the motor ? (You will also feel it on the motor)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This topic about prop noise came up before, and here is a video that I posted on that thread:

This is not my video, but the gentleman was good enough to post this on YouTube, and I asked him there if he minded me posting it here. He did not, and I think he may be a member of the forum now.
Oddly, maybe two weeks after I saw this - and posted it on that thread - I developed this same issue. I too, found that several of my prop mounts were loose. I tightened them initially, and they loosened up right away again, so now I am sporting new mounts and hardware, and all seems to be fine.

If there is no noise without the props installed, check that the mounts are not loose or worn. If they are all good, then try all new props as they may be worn. If problem still persists, replace the mounts anyway. They are cheap, and when you buy a full set, buy a spare set for your kit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1