Sorry - I thought this was a good idea...

Reaction score
Isn't it so easy to miss the rapid green flashing lights that let you know you're ready to fly and the bird is happy with life...

What if there were two dots (or something) in the vision app which let you know that they have both "flashed" so you wouldn't have to fix your eyes on the bird waiting for what seems like an eternity - until your eyes bleed...

Re: Now here's a good idea DJI...

Why should they?
You can see if you are in the RTF mode at the sattelite info, the colour will change if you are able to go.
You can also see it if distance and Altitude are changed from N/A to a value

Sorry to sound like a ****,
but seriously?

If your in GPS mode and you have a solid green light, continuously blinking - you're ready to fly; wether you missed the flashes or not...

:ugeek:

Actually, this is something I would like clarified ...

If I get a single green flash indicating ready-to-fly in GPS mode (using NAZA-M mode), does that guarantee that the Phantom has already registered a home point? Or put another way, is it possible for the Phantom to show sufficient satellite contact for flight before it has registered a home point?

Werz said:

If I get a single green flash indicating ready-to-fly in GPS mode (using NAZA-M mode), does that guarantee that the Phantom has already registered a home point? Or put another way, is it possible for the Phantom to show sufficient satellite contact for flight before it has registered a home point?

No. A steady green flash does not mean you have registered a home point. You must wait for the SECOND set of rapid greens. The first set indicates the course direction has been set. It comes 30 seconds from power up and has nothing to do with sats. The second set means home point is ready to be stored. It can come anytime after 6 sats are acquired. So you could have one red and get the second set. Or steady green and then the second set. But the second set, indicating the home point is ready, can and usually does (for me) come AFTER the steady green. Soon after though for me.

Swipe into GS if you're not sure.
A capital H in a blue field is displayed after homepoint setting. And as mentioned the sats number will go from gray to blue in the app.

I agree that a better indication of home point set would be good. App notification would be great or even better if the Phantom had sound confirmation. A series of beeps would suffice. Heck, even my robot vacuum cleaner talks.

BlackTracer said:
Werz said:

No. A steady green flash does not mean you have registered a home point. You must wait for the SECOND set of rapid greens. The first set indicates the course direction has been set. It comes 30 seconds from power up and has nothing to do with sats. The second set means home point is ready to be stored. It can come anytime after 6 sats are acquired. So you could have one red and get the second set. Or steady green and then the second set. But the second set, indicating the home point is ready, can and usually does (for me) come AFTER the steady green. Soon after though for me.
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. In NAZA-M mode, the course lock recording is rapid yellow flashes. Having reset the course direction from below using the S2 switch, I know what that looks like. What I want to know is whether the slow, intermittent green flash of GPS ready-to-fly mode can occur before the fast green flash of home point recording.

Fourblade said:
Isn't it so easy to miss the rapid green flashing lights that let you know you're ready to fly and the bird is happy with life...

What if there were two dots (or something) in the vision app which let you know that they have both "flashed" so you wouldn't have to fix your eyes on the bird waiting for what seems like an eternity - until your eyes bleed...
You can tell in the app that you have home lock by the radar indicator. When distance = 0, you have home lock. If the distance says N/A, you don't.

cahutch said:
Fourblade said:

You can tell in the app that you have home lock by the radar indicator. When distance = 0, you have home lock. If the distance says N/A, you don't.
True dat, but It doesn't hurt to double check.

Fourblade said:
**** - one day I'll come up with a good idea..
I thought it was a good idea, but rather than have dots, why not have the display say "home lock established" or something similar? How hard is this really. Why leave any doubt about something so critical? This sport is hard enough.....let's make some things easier! I vote for your good idea!

Phantom Bas said:
Why should they?
You can see if you are in the RTF mode at the sattelite info, the colour will change if you are able to go.
You can also see it if distance and Altitude are changed from N/A to a value

To be perfectly honest I usually can't see them anyway because of the sun. I just pay attention to the satellites and note the distance from home at the bottom to know I am Home locked and RTF.

Double-D said:
I agree that a better indication of home point set would be good. App notification would be great or even better if the Phantom had sound confirmation. A series of beeps would suffice. Heck, even my robot vacuum cleaner talks.

You've got a vacuum cleaner for your robot? Wow!

:D :D :D

murraymacdonald said:
It shouldn't flash green at any speed if the home point hasn't been locked. It should also chirp.
:lol: Should and shouldn't does not change how H/L works. Most of us can follow a simple pre-flight checklist. Those who don't usually end up on here saying the thing malfunctioned or didn't work the way they thought it SHOULD! :roll:

happydays said:
Double-D said:

You've got a vacuum cleaner for your robot? Wow!

:D :D :D
Yeah it's called Wife....hehe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1