Sooooo..... Whose returning their P4?

Just like an Apple with their phones, they put a device out with a few features ( an in between device). I will wait till next year.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm NOT. This is a great flying camera and with only a few flights I can tell a big difference in image quality and flight time. I'm not understanding what is 2-5 miles away. Where I live here in Texas we have roads that will get me within 1/4 mile or closer from anything I want to shoot. I don't think I'll ever need to exceed 1 mile.

I am returning mine. Just contacted DJI. Great design, but really not that great of an upgrade. Glad I still have the P3

You cant return it to DJI if you flown it, and you would only know if you have issues if you have flown it lol

Unless you have gotten it from apple :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If anybody is interested in downgrading, I'll trade my backup brand-new (never flown) P3P + some cash :)

Reactions: kirk2579
Isn't anyone concerned about the P3 flyaways or was that fixed? That's really the big plus for the P4.

No, issues. I think I'm the only one who got increased range with the Phantom 4. Its gone way farther than my P3P. Battery Life seems about the same though.

I personally would hang onto it if I had spent the cash to get one, there is a high chance that they will fix the issues with a firmware update. The p4 has some great features, OA, SPORT MODE, FOLLOW ME ect...
Be a shame to send it back, buy a p3p then read a week later on this forum about how updated firmware is giving everyone 3.5 miles and back with 20% battery remaining every day of the week !!!

I personally would hang onto it if I had spent the cash to get one, there is a high chance that they will fix the issues with a firmware update. The p4 has some great features, OA, SPORT MODE, FOLLOW ME ect...
Be a shame to send it back, buy a p3p then read a week later on this forum about how updated firmware is giving everyone 3.5 miles and back with 20% battery remaining every day of the week !!!

There is no way to fix the battery, an extra minute maybe - but 5 to 8 minutes more. If the battery doesn't have it, it doesn't have it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There is no battery or range problems on mine. I got 20,100 feet and had no signal issues. I flew it for 24-25 mins and had 9% left on the battery. Same flight.

Isn't anyone concerned about the P3 flyaways or was that fixed? That's really the big plus for the P4.

The P3 had fly-aways? Really?

No, issues. I think I'm the only one who got increased range with the Phantom 4. Its gone way farther than my P3P. Battery Life seems about the same though.
I got 21 min five seconds on the first flight of my p4 this morning.

Does anyone think these issues won't be fixed with a firmware upgrade? I don't think this forum was originally conceived with the idea of constantly complaining. Do you take your car back when you don't get your gas mileage on the tag? It just came out, there are going to be some bugs, relax.

Interesting thread for sure. For folks new to DJI:
  1. The company just lies about their max flight times. They aren't measured under "ideal" conditions, they're just pure fantasy numbers.
  2. Anyone to try a DJI product first is a paying test subject, and you're taking a financial risk. If you're not willing to take that risk, let others do so for you and just wait it out awhile.
  3. There is no DJI customer support in general. They are a customer-hostile company in their pricing, sales, and marketing tactics. They see their customers as cash cows to be milked and used.
  4. Ready to be shocked again? Initial pricing is always inflated. If you wait, eventually their shiny new drone will experience a price drop that will make early adopters gasp a bit. Just picked up my 2nd brand new Phantom3 Professional for $799. My first cost me $1,300.
  5. If you're not sure about buying a P4, sit on your hands for awhile. Maybe GoPro will surprise us with the Karma, and the P3 is more drone than most people will ever need.
I own the P3's because they let me do what I need to do professionally, photo and video-wise. I consider them flying crash-cams, which is why I don't own the newest, baddest, top of the line Inspire 1. Oh yes I want RAW video and separate camera control, but I wouldn't fly such an expensive machine in the same way I fly these little P3's.

When I buy a DJI, I know what to expect. I despise the company, but I love how their products perform and I use them for my business. As soon as a solid competitor comes along, I plan to just jump ship - solely because of how they treat their customers.

Good luck to all the P4 early adopters out there! I'm sure that overall, it will be a useful platform.

I havent seen any photos or videos yet from the P4 that look any better than what you can get from the P3P plus a little tweaking in a good video editor.
Getting better video or stills pre-processing is by definition a better camera.

If someone gave me an image of a still and I spent time posting it, believe me I could make it look like it was taken with the Sony A6 by the best photographer, doesnt make it so. If you want a great camera on your bird, I'm afraid you're going to half to step up from the Phantom. For the actual Phantom itself, it takes better pictures and video than its predecessor and that's all I ever expected. Didn't even neccaserily expwdt that TBH.

Reactions: volace
Getting better video or stills pre-processing is by definition a better camera.

If someone gave me an image of a still and I spent time posting it, believe me I could make it look like it was taken with the Sony A6 by the best photographer, doesnt make it so. If you want a great camera on your bird, I'm afraid you're going to half to step up from the Phantom. For the actual Phantom itself, it takes better pictures and video than its predecessor and that's all I ever expected. Didn't even neccaserily expwdt that TBH.
Not noticeably better. And you need to post processing them too because out of the box are not quality stills.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic