Sooooo..... Whose returning their P4?

I'm probably the only person in the world who
denied the kind offering by my wife... She was going to purchase the P4 for me this weekend, kind of a surprise, I caught wind of it , and told her to save her money.

I figured in a few months to a year the next revision for the the P4 would probably be out and like all things DJI it will be a better platform. She was surprised to hear me say that, guess she figured I'd be all over it.

I just know DJI all to well. Ive owned a p1 p2v+ And currently flying the P3a and inspire 1.

The P4 seems solid but I just want to be sure before the trigger is pulled. Jmo

Reactions: eBird
Keep complaining about the P4, but I'm happy with mine! This flight was in 5-12mph winds the whole time. I can't believe that all these people complaining aren't posting any evidence of their poor performance, what a circle jerk.
0ebde3e8686c375984db63d24338c646.jpg

Hmm what are we looking at here. 20.5 minute of flight time is the type of performance people are dissatisfied with.....

Anyone remember the debacle about the P2 Vision+ being released a few months after the P2 Vision?

Don't be surprised if DJI releases the "Phantom 4 Pro" in June with ..... surprise, surprise ..... actual 4+ mile range and true 25+ min. flight times.

:mad:

Reactions: randykahl
Anyone remember the debacle about the P2 Vision+ being released a few months after the P2 Vision?

Don't be surprised if DJI releases the "Phantom 4 Pro" in June with ..... surprise, surprise ..... actual 4+ mile range and true 25+ min. flight times.

:mad:
and a better camera and none of this improved lens crap. Everybody knows that this "improved camera" is nothing different from the P3P that post processing can't fix.

I am somewhat split. I have not had much time to test mine but my 14 days ends next Tuesday. I still have my P3P and I just ordered a new GPC that will arrive tomorrow. Lots of work if I want to return it. I keep hoping to hear some good news about the battery life and distance.

Reactions: tyklip
and a better camera and none of this improved lens crap. Everybody knows that this "improved camera" is nothing different from the P3P that post processing can't fix.

I havent seen any photos or videos yet from the P4 that look any better than what you can get from the P3P plus a little tweaking in a good video editor.

Reactions: randykahl
I havent seen any photos or videos yet from the P4 that look any better than what you can get from the P3P plus a little tweaking in a good video editor.
Exactly the reason why I didn't return my P3P (I have 2 more weeks to return) for the the P4. I was hoping the camera's resolution would have been upgraded, but not the case. I'm keeping my P3P.

I'm keeping mine.

I'm quite happy with it. I don't know what everyone is moaning about. I'm getting longer flights, and way more distance. Better optics, OA is awesome, and Sport mode is stupidly fun and nice to use when you want to get somewhere fast. Active track rocks for shooting action sports. I'm not a long distance freak, so I couldn't care less about the distance issue, I still get over a mile in my wifi saturated area with no signal drop.

So far my flights have been around 21-23 minutes, with over 30% to spare.

Also why is no one mentioning that the camera is way more stable and there's almost zero jello / rolling shutter vibration even when shooting at 1/2000s? My P3 had terrible jello issues if I shot anything more than 1/125s.

Last edited:
I'm keeping mine too. Lens is a solid improvement and I'm getting 2-3 mins more flight time (as long as I don't spend all my time in sport mode). Also seeing little to no aliasing in video mode which has been a major annoyance with the P3P. Haven't even tried the tracking feature yet, but looking forward to it soon.

I'm keeping it. My flight times have improved by around 3 minutes using it in a similar fashion to the P3P. I have been beating the crap out of it in sports mode and there are no cracks yet, seems like better build quality.

I NEVER got the advertised 23 minutes of flight time out of my P3P and I didn't see anyone complaining, unless that was just me.

Also I never got the advertised battery time for my iPhone, Macbook or any other electronic device I own. Companies advertise battery times that can be obtained in the best possible conditions. I actually agree with this practice because since there are so many variables impacting how long the batteries last, the only way to come up with a solid number that is not subjective is to use the max flight time in ideal conditions. How can they possibly mimic each person's widely different potential use of the product and come up with an accurate "average flight time"?

P3 series despite crack issue that predominated....was a giant leap of advance for dji with respect to distance and cam quality. Perfection is not a reasonable goal in this field.
I could see myself holding on to both the P3 and the P4.

Last edited:
I'm keeping mine.

I'm quite happy with it. I don't know what everyone is moaning about. I'm getting longer flights, and way more distance. Better optics, OA is awesome, and Sport mode is stupidly fun and nice to use when you want to get somewhere fast. Active track rocks for shooting action sports. I'm not a long distance freak, so I couldn't care less about the distance issue, I still get over a mile in my wifi saturated area with no signal drop.

So far my flights have been around 21-23 minutes, with over 30% to spare.

Also why is no one mentioning that the camera is way more stable and there's almost zero jello / rolling shutter vibration even when shooting at 1/2000s? My P3 had terrible jello issues if I shot anything more than 1/125s.
Maybe you had a bad P3A, my P3P never had jello, ever. There is no way my P4 will go a mile with stock antenna, even in the hills away from pesky wifi interference. Only with my windsurfer can I get a mile to 6800'. You must have an exceptional P4 if you really get that distance with stock antenna.

Reactions: Bocephus-73
Count me as one of those very happy with my P4. I've flown/owned every version of the Phantom, with my Inspire pulling primary duty for the past year or so. The P4 is an excellent machine, and its portability is a welcome change when flying in out of the way areas.

I've had no complaints about range or battery life. It's windy season in my area, and even with periodic shifts into sport mode I'm easily getting over 20 minute flights. Expecting 28 minutes in less than ideal conditions is just an unrealistic expectation. With my typical flying style, I never expect to actually achieve 28 minutes, just as I never really expect I'll get 10 hours battery life out of my MBP. Stats of that type are generally accepted to not be real world.

Return if you like, but I'd be very surprised if the P4 is not a huge success for both DJI and Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
I am returning mine. Just contacted DJI. Great design, but really not that great of an upgrade. Glad I still have the P3

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1