Sooooo..... Whose returning their P4?

The only caveat is that you'll need to also upgrade the controller to use it with the P4, and then you lose the P3a F switch functionality, and the mode switch is then converted to the P4 style(Sport Mode won't do anything on the P3a), and the CSC kill command in the traditional functionality. Depending upon what DJI GO version you still use with your P3A, the F modes may have all been already moved inside the DJI GO app anyway. Binding takes 20 seconds and, once the controller is upgraded, you can switch back and forth. Just bring along a small finishing nail to push the recessed linking button on each aircraft. I keep one taped to the bottom of my controller.
That's good to know as well. Wish DJI would have controllers like the DX 9 etc. Allow us to bind multiple birds to one controller.

Thx!!

That's good to know as well. Wish DJI would have controllers like the DX 9 etc. Allow us to bind multiple birds to one controller.

Thx!!
Me, too. DJI doesn't believe in polygamy. They enforce serial monogamy! :p

Reactions: Bigdz
I have a P4 & P3A so I can compare.
Using a windsurfer i am getting 3700metres from the
P4 and can get slightly better with the P3A, about 4200metres furthest flown.
Funnily enough the P4 seems to get better with each flight, very peculiar!
They are different birds with strong points and weak points but on the whole I like the P4 and will be keeping it.

Reactions: maseman88
I've not had a problem with battery life.... Flying in P mode with OA on I get 26+ minutes easy
8cf0f5d794e224762e5c775afbfe5e01.jpg

In the right environment I've gone out 20791' (and returned to starting point) with stock P4 and RC ( with windsurfer)
acaee11d01b4974acf5faf43968d56cb.jpg

I've never had any other Phantoms so I don't know about their flight times and range. I'm happy with mine.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a P4 & P3A so I can compare.
Using a windsurfer i am getting 3700metres from the
P4 and can get slightly better with the P3A, about 4200metres furthest flown.
Funnily enough the P4 seems to get better with each flight, very peculiar!
They are different birds with strong points and weak points but on the whole I like the P4 and will be keeping it.

Could you extend on this? I just got a P3A via the eBay deal and am heavily considering returning my P4 and just buying Litchi.

Could you extend on this? I just got a P3A via the eBay deal and am heavily considering returning my P4 and just buying Litchi.
Why ask someone else?

You have a P4 and now a P3A... Who cares what someone else thinks... Fly em and keep the one you want... Or both... Or neither.

Or give me one... I'll take the P4[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Nope..... Not true... I know at least 8 people so far that returned theirs
Nope, Apple stands by their word. I've taken back 2 so far because of noisy gimbles and now I'm getting "weak transmission signal" regardless of how far I am from anything that might interfere. AndApple said "bring it on back". I swapped out the sd card for a San disk top 'o line. Not too impressed with JDI. Got some really wrong info from their "customer support" dude in China.
I think I'll like the P4 if I can get one that's right. JDI quality control? Do they have any? Nay! I thinkest not! Thank gawd for Apple.

Nope, Apple stands by their word. I've taken back 2 so far because of noisy gimbles and now I'm getting "weak transmission signal" regardless of how far I am from anything that might interfere. AndApple said "bring it on back". I swapped out the sd card for a San disk top 'o line. Not too impressed with JDI. Got some really wrong info from their "customer support" dude in China.
I think I'll like the P4 if I can get one that's right. JDI quality control? Do they have any? Nay! I thinkest not! Thank gawd for Apple.
There's a similar quality control problem with lack of attention to detail in some posts. It's DJI, not JDI. ;)

Ha! Yes, I stand BusTED! I see all these great videos different people have gotten using the P4 and am sure if I can get one that's right I can share in the joy! Thx for your obversation.

Ha! Yes, I stand BusTED! I see all these great videos different people have gotten using the P4 and am sure if I can get one that's right I can share in the joy! Thx for your obversation.
Indeed! :cool: Take advantage of Apple's graciousness, and get a good one! Maybe try another Apple Store if all the ones from one store are having issues. Could just be a batch of lemons.

Ah! And in the interest of fairplay, DJI did finally reply to my email query and said "update devices to ios 9.3.2", which I did and immediately the camera issue was resolved. Now if I can only get the "noise" out of my videos.......

Ah! And in the interest of fairplay, DJI did finally reply to my email query and said "update devices to ios 9.3.2", which I did and immediately the camera issue was resolved. Now if I can only get the "noise" out of my videos.......
There have been a few other incidents where an older iOS was the culprit. Lots of early DJI GO app crashes in flight were eliminated by updating the iOS. Glad that part resolved your camera issue.

I have an email from DJI support telling me that the P4 uses the exact same Lightbridge 2 system as the P3A and P3P. The DJI literature also specifies the maximum range identically for the P4, the P3A and the P3P...

Yet I still see people posting comments intimating that the range they get with the P4 is much better than with their P3 - and I even heard a guy on a podcast (who pretends to be a knowledgeable professional) claim that the P4 uses a system that is "partially based on Lightbridge" and had much better range than its predecessor. (If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he is - I might believe it.)

Once and for all - is there anybody that has any actual proof that the P4 uses something different than the P3P? Are the antennas any different? Power output of the RC? Or are people just imagining things? Perhaps those people that claim to see an improvement with the P4 actually had an underpowered P3 remote...?

I have an email from DJI support telling me that the P4 uses the exact same Lightbridge 2 system as the P3A and P3P. The DJI literature also specifies the maximum range identically for the P4, the P3A and the P3P...

Yet I still see people posting comments intimating that the range they get with the P4 is much better than with their P3 - and I even heard a guy on a podcast (who pretends to be a knowledgeable professional) claim that the P4 uses a system that is "partially based on Lightbridge" and had much better range than its predecessor. (If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he is - I might believe it.)

Once and for all - is there anybody that has any actual proof that the P4 uses something different than the P3P? Are the antennas any different? Power output of the RC? Or are people just imagining things? Perhaps those people that claim to see an improvement with the P4 actually had an underpowered P3 remote...?
P4 range is dependent upon the P4 GL300C RC power output, which is 20% less than the GL300A and the GL300B RC's, unless you pair the P4 with one of the other two RC's. The W323B P3P was also sold with the GL300C RC.

I just got 12k using a windsurfer. Did 14k today.

I think interference has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: BriRi
Awesome. The P4 has excellent range. I think it probably is more prone to interference and intermittent video drops than the P3. If you get use to it though, I think you'll realize you can take it pretty far out. If necessary, mod the controller to increase control in urban and other difficult environments. No need to replace the stock RC IMHO.

Reactions: ftttu
Awesome. The P4 has excellent range. I think it probably is more prone to interference and intermittent video drops than the P3. If you get use to it though, I think you'll realize you can take it pretty far out. If necessary, mod the controller to increase control in urban and other difficult environments. No need to replace the stock RC IMHO.
As I have said before, I won't return my bird until something more substantial occurs other than the 1 second gimbal squeak on its last bootup movement. Other than that and my initial problem with the ribbon cable having been bowed out, causing the camera to flip freely, I'm as happy as can be since it seems to be 100% at this time. I even flew in very high winds yesterday where I was expecting the camera flip problem, but the only problem I encountered was the miserably slow return to home where I thought I would have to set it down due to the headwinds.

I was in Galveston and Surfside this last weekend where I was finally able to fly over a beach as I have seen in so many vimeo and youtube videos. I did one run of about 6.5 miles with the farthest distance I've flown away was about 1.6 miles. I'm not getting the distance others are getting but I hope to remedy that with windsurfers I have on order.

Still a happy customer but I would be happier with less expensive batteries.

Modding the stock controller with amped FPVLR v2 or DBS-02 will certainly be far better than simply replacing the stock controller with a GL300A or GL300B. For the best experience, do both, especially if you already have a modded and amped GL300A or GL300B from your P3.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20